not quite as cold

ride, cafes, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Moaning,

Drizzle, damp and cool/cold

WFW as usual today, fairly local but no ride in due to the amount of gear required.

Practice week is well underway at the TT I.O.M. I listened to race radio last night while enjoying a pint or two. Might do the same tonight
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Shoot hotel sleep and then a run in the rain - didn’t enjoy that.

Lots of meetings and then hopefully glide home as running with friends followed by ale at ours later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Morning Squawking popinjays

Sunny, cloudless. Perfect.
    The DW's are up early for science museum visit.
    They might end up as specimens.

Suffering post Giro depression.
    I think Dauphine/Tour de Swiss will be poor antidote.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    rode in the drizzle accompanied by incessant nor'easter, not bad weather for november

cafe stroll beckons
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Where's the 'kin sun gone? Just disappeared. This cloud don't belong round these parts, misdelivery for Ingerlaand?

Swop shorts tor longs for the Garden volunteer sesh, that'll bring back the warmth.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396
    Worky work. Picnic later if Pinno can send some sun our way.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Worky work. Picnic later if Pinno can send some sun our way.

Do you deserve one?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    has pinno pinched the sun?
  • pinno
    sungod said:

Yeah.

I'm not going to send it your way because of I do, Seano will bonky bonky in the park during his picnic.
    No one should be subjected to that spectacle.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    It must be national sunny day in Scotland today where the locals try to get enough rays to turn from blue to white.

Bit dull here so working away in the cave after a bit more a lie in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    In and out of the office today as I've just finished one meeting followed by another this afternoon and an early finish.
    Need to inflate MrsHD bike tyres, fit some pedals for her and load up the truck for an hour or so potter around the town.
    I may well be absent tomorrow as I'll be motorway bound to Norwich.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Yeah.

I'm not going to send it your way because of I do, Seano will bonky bonky in the park during his picnic.
    Without wanting to lower the tone, the subject was broached but met with a firm no.

Who broached the subject & who said no isn’t important.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

Yeah.

Without wanting to lower the tone, the subject was broached but met with a firm no.

We won't ask about the dogging plans then.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

Yeah.

So which park is the best to get some privacy and get jiggy jiggy?
    Bushy park? Hampstead heath?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

Yeah.

So which park is the best to get some privacy and get jiggy jiggy?
    Bushy park? Hampstead heath?
    A common would be better than a park. You might be in for a shock wanting jiggy jiggy on Hampstead Heath.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Could you pop round and inflate my tyres too HD? All set for a wobble in to the orifice this morning, went out to the garage, faffed about getting some bits needed to help a colleague fix an old bike he's bought. Put lid on, lift bike off the stand to find a flat tyre, ballcocks. Could have ridden the old steel roadie in again if I'd changed my shoes, but it was drizzly and there's no traffic because of half term. Wimped out, changed trousers and shoes then drove in.
    Bushy Park in called thus in honour of the 70s bush, so Seano could only go there if Mrs Seano doesn't trim. Just be sure not to scare any wombles Seano, assuming you change your mind and agree to the trouble's demands that is.
    I do believe i'll be going to a pub tonight as it's Wednesday.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    I iz fried. 1/2 litre tonic water and first coldie straight down, no sides were touched in the process.

The longs not shorts gambit worked, full hot sun again by 10am, very hot working in The Secret Garden, not so secret that Jo, Joe and mini JPs cannot find it. The Gardens were busy today, 1/2 term in Ingerlaand but not here so many multi generational family groups. Nice chats with lots of them, and many compliments on the work the team were doing.

I enjoy this volunteering thang.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Winter continues to have its icy grip round here. I have even had to put the heating on for Mrs W. Did a session on the board despite lacking in get and go, I’m hoping it’s the drop in temperature causing this. Also on bird watch as the Blue Tits have hatched brood and they are hoping round the garden so need to keep the cats and dogs away.
  • pinno
    Lovely up here.
    20 deg c, cloudless sky. Lots of plant watering to do. Salad and quiche for dinner.
    Lots of jobs done. The DW's are back from their science trip both knackered and moaning.
    Tomorrow will be having a look at the now vacated property and seeing what needs to be done. Cross fingers.
    Good tenant already lined up and now I can increase the initial rent above the annual 3% that I would have been stuck to had the previous tenant stayed.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Lovely up here.
    20 deg c, cloudless sky. Lots of plant watering to do. Salad and quiche for dinner.
    Lots of jobs done. The DW's are back from their science trip both knackered and moaning.
    Tomorrow will be having a look at the now vacated property and seeing what needs to be done. Cross fingers.
    Good tenant already lined up and now I can increase the initial rent above the annual 3% that I would have been stuck to had the previous tenant stayed.

I know who you're referring to, but what does DW stand for again?
  • pinno
    Dodgy wotsit.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    I reckon "darling weans".

Day sat in front of laptop, then a quickish drive back up here.

My ex-wife used to like it outside. I think I'm a bit old and unreliable for that these days.