tuesday needs more giro

'ning

forecast still cloudycool, wind direction here has been stuck on northeast for days now, brrr

ride cafe wfh laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Down the toll road to offices for a couple of day, such fun
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    tlw1 said:

You mean, you're going to have to do some work and behave yourself?
    Soz mate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Ostrogoths

Bright and sunny and no breeze.
    Sore hip/back which has evoked much grumbling and grumpiness. Will try pootling.

Laters.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    A walk to ease my legs and loosen my shoulders back from round my ears. Also oysters.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

You mean, you're going to have to do some work and behave yourself?
    Soz mate.
    🤬😂
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Work snizzle, try to sneak off early. Thai food and pub later
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Today I shall be mainly resting my liver.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603

A walk to ease my legs and loosen my shoulders back from round my ears. Also oysters.

Have to say I'm impressed with the amount of leisure time you're getting given that you've only just started a new job a few weeks back. Is this a mainly WFH job?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Spend some time on a call just now with one of my colleagues from our (soon to be ex) Russian tentacle. For some reason I kept getting an image in my head of John Cleese in Faulty Towers saying 'Don't mention ze var!' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, wobbled in on the old steel roadie. Trying not to actually wobble whilst using downtube shifters. Modern shifters are a lot easier in traffic, far fewer gear changes today. First time I've ridden it since last year so kind of enjoyed it, need to get some toe clips.
    Stevo_666 said:

For some reason I kept getting an image in my head of John Cleese in Faulty Towers saying 'Don't mention ze var!' :)

Did you mention it once and think you'd got away with it?
    Which offices are you in TLW, near enough to be led astray?

• pinno

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, wobbled in on the old steel roadie. Trying not to actually wobble whilst using downtube shifters. Modern shifters are a lot easier in traffic, far fewer gear changes today. First time I've ridden it since last year so kind of enjoyed it, need to get some toe clips.

Stevo_666 said:

For some reason I kept getting an image in my head of John Cleese in Faulty Towers saying 'Don't mention ze var!' :)

Maybe you''ll end up asking the question: "Was that really a good idea?"
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,

Stevo_666 said:

Managed to avoid saying anything. Also after those drone strikes on Moscow, I kept thinking of that Phil Collins song 'Coming in the air tonight' :)
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Have to say I'm impressed with the amount of leisure time you're getting given that you've only just started a new job a few weeks back. Is this a mainly WFH job?
    I've only got today off! New York was booked before I even started interviewing for this job, so that doesn't count.

2 days per week in the office, but we're in between offices at the moment, so it's wfh until 6 June. I can also "work from anywhere" for 8 weeks in a year.
  • pinno
    'wfa'. Another one for the list.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    When the lad was on his placement he asked if he could work from Verona for 3 weeks, they were a little thrown initially, but came back with "not a problem, but don't tell the others"
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Yesterday: scorchio! Today: scorchio! Tomorrow: scorchio!

Memories: https://youtu.be/_FE4ulhtG6o

Quite a bit of sun avoidance, even a wee nap in the shade this afternoon. Must be summertime, at last.

Just prepped a sea trout fillet for oven bake, with chopped peppers, chilli, garlic, a pesto lime and dill topping, with new potatoes. Couple of coldies first though. Hard life this.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I've only got today off! New York was booked before I even started interviewing for this job, so that doesn't count.

2 days per week in the office, but we're in between offices at the moment, so it's wfh until 6 June. I can also "work from anywhere" for 8 weeks in a year.
    Fair play, I was beginning to think that skivitis had set in very early indeed :)
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Fair play, I was beginning to think that skivitis had set in very early indeed :)
    I've been down here a lot recently, what with Easter and all the bank hols. I've been driving down Thursday night, working here Friday, which gives you a decent long weekend for biking and hiking. We'll spend a lot of the summer here I reckon. No point having it if it's not used.

My boss knows, and she would be the first to kick my @rse if she thought the lead was being swung.
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

Yesterday: scorchio! Today: scorchio! Tomorrow: scorchio!

Memories: https://youtu.be/_FE4ulhtG6o

Quite a bit of sun avoidance, even a wee nap in the shade this afternoon. Must be summertime, at last.

Just prepped a sea trout fillet for oven bake, with chopped peppers, chilli, garlic, a pesto lime and dill topping, with new potatoes. Couple of coldies first though. Hard life this.

Sounds very good.

A walk on the beach and a walk on a hill for me. Looking back towards the village.

Merguez from a local farm for us. Oysters to start.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Down pipe finally arrived late this afternoon and is now fitted without any major disasters. Need it to rain now to test it out and given it’s dark, grey and cold out. That’s could happen soon.
    Managed a bike early on today, not sure bare legs was a good idea though. Now avoiding having a drink.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I've been down here a lot recently, what with Easter and all the bank hols. I've been driving down Thursday night, working here Friday, which gives you a decent long weekend for biking and hiking. We'll spend a lot of the summer here I reckon. No point having it if it's not used.

My boss knows, and she would be the first to kick my @rse if she thought the lead was being swung.
    That 8 weeks working from anywhere must be looking rather good for you, especially in summer B) It's getting to that time of year when working out on the decking is getting quite tempting for me.