'ning

forecast cloudier

ride cafes laze and bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    edited May 2023
    Walk hounds, pack the van and then off to wales to recce some of my next big race.

Ale obviously later to get the carbs back in
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Yep - sunny here. Breezy again though!

Last day of Giro, sniff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    oxoman said:

Morning peeps. Family walk with mutt planned, then see how young oxo's woodworking skills have improved after 2yrs at college. Hoping its better than his driving lessons with me. Decent run planned later when it cools down. Looking like SG has played a blinder again, wall to wall sun nearly all day.

i try to lull the cloud into staying away

hills repeated, on the way pack via regent's park the conti sprinter that's lasted ages finally succumbed to the huge cut it got last year, slow puncture that got faster, rode it squishy/flat the last few km

snack then bask, maybe catch the end of the giro
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Walk hounds, pack the van and then off to wales to recce some of my next big race.

Which is?

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Winters back in East Yorkshire this morning. Put new chain and cassette on my bike outside and froze. Doesn’t seem like the guttering will be getting finished any time soon as Screwfix appear unable to deliver the right stuff i e the down pipes. Might ride my bike if it warms up.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    On tube to Paddington with mini. Train to Taunton (bagged 1st class upgrades for a tenner each on seatfrog). Meet Mrs B³ there (she went down on Thursday) . A few days in the clearer air of the rural SW. I have hired a mtb for the day tomorrow. Hopefully won't kill myself.
  • pinno

On tube to Paddington with mini. Train to Taunton (bagged 1st class upgrades for a tenner each on seatfrog). Meet Mrs B³ there (she went down on Thursday) . A few days in the clearer air of the rural SW. I have hired a mtb for the day tomorrow. Hopefully won't kill myself.

A man of your means should purchase a 2nd bike which resides in Taunton land.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603
    Here's me thinking that the Giro is something that dish out to the residents of Liverpool :) Hey ho.

Must be summer as I started to go a bit pink after a stint in the garden yesterday in the absence of sunblock. Early hound walk done, now time for a bit of chilling then cat hung up with admin and another trip to the tip with the latest round of garden stuff. Livin' the dream.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Here's me thinking that the Giro is something that dish out to the residents of Liverpool :) Hey ho.

Must be summer as I started to go a bit pink after a stint in the garden yesterday in the absence of sunblock. Early hound walk done, now time for a bit of chilling then cat hung up with admin and another trip to the tip with the latest round of garden stuff. Livin' the dream.

• beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Deciding whether to (a) get a mtb, or (b) "gravel-up" my current bike with big knobbly tyres and either a new 1x like Roglič had yesterday, or a long cage rear derailleur, and get a new road bike for here. I think probably (b) as that's a bit more flexible with a spare set of tyres to cover road riding, but I want to see what the trails are like.
  • webboo
    webboo said:

Morning
    Winters back in East Yorkshire this morning. Put new chain and cassette on my bike outside and froze. Doesn’t seem like the guttering will be getting finished any time soon as Screwfix appear unable to deliver the right stuff i e the down pipes. Might ride my bike if it warms up.

It now appears that there will some guttering fitting today as apparently Mrs W never ordered any pipe. She’s now out at Screwfix getting some. Still cold though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by mild pottering. Going to get my ears lowered then pottering in the garage for a bit. Might sit in the sun for a little while to recover from such strenuous activity later.
    Bad news on the downpipe Webboo, you could have had a pleasant afternoon.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

webboo said:

Morning

It now appears that there will some guttering fitting today as apparently Mrs W never ordered any pipe. She’s now out at Screwfix getting some. Still cold though.
    Have you publicly apologised to Screwfix?
  • webboo
    edited May 2023

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by mild pottering.
    Going to get my ears lowered then pottering in the garage for a bit. Might sit in the sun for a little while to recover from such strenuous activity later.

Down pipe fitting is off again as they had none in stock.
    I did find a dead snake when I walked the dogs though
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    pinno said:

webboo said:

webboo said:

Morning

Thankfully not 😂
  • pinno

pinno said:

webboo said:

webboo said:

Morning

Thankfully not 😂
    Is it Marley? Jewsons stock Marley and compatible stuff.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Deciding whether to (a) get a mtb, or (b) "gravel-up" my current bike with big knobbly tyres and either a new 1x like Roglič had yesterday, or a long cage rear derailleur, and get a new road bike for here. I think probably (b) as that's a bit more flexible with a spare set of tyres to cover road riding, but I want to see what the trails are like.
    Check the trails then decide is the way to go. If its anything even vaguely bumpy then I reckon get an MTB and keep the current bike for the roads.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

https://youtu.be/UlckuVgJ72Y
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Ey, ey, calm down, it's a lazy day of pottering about doing bits 'n' bobs. Though I wasted an hour trawling internet sites of retailers and manufacturers trying to id a sashlock body, no keys, replacement needs to fit existing cutout... should have looked at the cover plate first, there's the brand and model details. Oh well, que sera.

First greenhouse cucumbers harvested, nom nom. Bring on the toms.
  • sungod
    basked, giro on, prep lovely veloflex tub for gluing now that winter is over for a few months
  • webboo
    pinno said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

webboo said:

Morning

Thankfully not 😂
    Is it Marley? Jewsons stock Marley and compatible stuff.
    No idea. It’s black square stuff and apparently it will be delivered on Tuesday. I have spent most of my life avoiding doing jobs round the house, however since I’ve retired I can’t use the excuse I’ve not got the time.
  • beansnikpoh
    Attended my first duck race this afternoon. Had a hot dog, and milled about in the sunshine.
  • orraloon
    webboo said:

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by mild pottering.
    Going to get my ears lowered then pottering in the garage for a bit. Might sit in the sun for a little while to recover from such strenuous activity later.

Down pipe fitting is off again as they had none in stock.
    I did find a dead snake when I walked the dogs though
    A whole dead snake or a shed skin? Did the pooch enjoy a snack or not?
  • webboo
    A whole dead snake. Pooch is on diet so no snack.
  • sungod
    two days, two great giro stages, today's brought a tear to the eye, cause for extra bubbly
  • pinno
    sungod said:

two days, two great giro stages, today's brought a tear to the eye, cause for extra bubbly

Great lead out by G. Just wonderful.
  • orraloon
    A sunbow! Never seen one before. And all gone now...