saturday in a trillion years none of this will matter, but there still will be pineapple

'ning

really rather nippy, sun later

ride cafes bask bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Walk, maybe pre race run (it’s only a local pub 5k) but legs are tired after yesterdays TT. Collect wood from the neighbour and process it then off to a local beer festival 😎
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Just waiting for ride pal to arrive then off for a spin.
    Hopefully a return to cleats soon instead of old running trainers, It’s just not pro enough.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    'Sun later'? Hmm. Started very sunny here and now it's clouded over.

Superb Giro and not much of it left sadly. TT later. Should be very interesting.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603
    Morning Peeps. Legs ache after fun bike session yesterday so roadie stuff will be tomorrow or Monday. A few jobs to catch up on as well, no rest for the wicked.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    ride was a bit cloudy, which made it also a bit brrr

saw the extraordinarily fluffy cat of highgate out for a prowl, exchanged pleasantries

time for cafe stroll
  • pinno
    sungod said:

ride was a bit cloudy, which made it also a bit brrr

saw the extraordinarily fluffy cat of highgate out for a prowl, exchanged pleasantries

time for cafe stroll

Is this him?

• sungod
    add some tabbycat and you'll be there
  • pinno
    edited May 2023
    I edited him in Photoshop. Is that better?

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    More guttering/ down pipes removed. Now awaiting delivery of new guttering etc, then the fun will begin. I wonder how long it will be before I have a meltdown.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed. But of pottering followed, now wobbling over to the old dear's. Nice and sunny out, hay fever is reminding me I forgot to take anything yesterday.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

pinno fibs
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    edited May 2023
    Ride rided, tarmac today. Got a bit windy but loop was the right way round, tail wind assist for the return up from the coast, def no need for a Roglič-style 44 cog. Coastal town having a 1/2 marathon event, runners all over the road, v few cars and those were behaving with due respect. People by and large nice round these parts.

Chill for a bit, potter about for a bit, watch the last bit of the Giro TT in real time or more likely catch up.

Added: And Mrs Swan is still on her nest in the reeds between the water and the cyclepath / road. Been several weeks, no signs of the weans as yet.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

pinno fibs

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Went for breakfast at the local caff with mini.

Swept the garden paving and decking in readiness for jetwashing next weekend. Then the repointing. Gave the gas grill a pyrolytic clean. (Turned the burners on until everything went up in flames, waited for it to cool, then brushed off the cr@p. Good as new.)
  • pinno

Went for breakfast at the local caff with mini.

• beansnikpoh
    Fair enough, but it's nearly all veggie, eggs were poached. Also, I had no lunch. Mushroom, eggs, bubble, couple of bacon rashers. OK, I didn't really need the fried slice, but they hadn't just lobbed it in the deep fryer.
  • pinno
    Tbf, it's a good looking fry up.
  • veronese68
    That is indeed a good looking fry up. Best cafe near B³ has gone unfortunately, used to be the Mica Cafe on Heartfield Road, just over from the old man's office. Before that it was opposite the station.
    Now the lad's back we should get back to doing our grilled breakfast, poached egg, grilled sausage, bacon and black pudding, beans and toast.
  • sungod
    just had two duck eggs, four back bacons, four cherry tomatoes, an avocado sliced and two rosti, eggs sunny side up in the pan, rest in the air fryer

breakfast with bubbly, so right at any time, nom
  • beansnikpoh
    edited May 2023

That is indeed a good looking fry up. Best cafe near B³ has gone unfortunately, used to be the Mica Cafe on Heartfield Road, just over from the old man's office. Before that it was opposite the station.
    Now the lad's back we should get back to doing our grilled breakfast, poached egg, grilled sausage, bacon and black pudding, beans and toast.

By the second hand bookshop? It's all changed there. There used to be a dive bar on the corner too, but I think it's a big office now. There was that big chippy on the opposite corner too. Now a solicitor's office.
  • veronese68
    That's the one, as you say new office block now. Or a building site as I don't think it's finished yet.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082

Pleased with this pic from last nights TT
  • veronese68
    Looks like you're wearing some sort of aero Darth Vader lid on a phone screen 😂
  • pinno

Looks like you're wearing some sort of aero Darth Vader lid on a phone screen 😂

At least he wasn't running.
  • beansnikpoh
    Big gear you're pushing there. Unless you clicked up a few cogs when you saw the photographer, then reverted once you'd passed him. :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603

Big gear you're pushing there. Unless you clicked up a few cogs when you saw the photographer, then reverted once you'd passed him. :)

Maybe the photo was taken on an angle and he was going down a big hill :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Would like to know course, distance and time :smile:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    I reckon @tlw1 has family and friends stand roadside and shout “they’ve called for last drinks in the bar” as extra motivation in these TT’s
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS