wednesday pineapple trading in the upper nile

'ning

needs to get warmer and sunnier, pesky cloud prevailing persistently

ride cafes wfh laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Lovely out there, nice walk with hounds and a catch up with a pal.

Sorting kids out as MIL has had another fall so current wife is over there looking after her. Youngest is going into school for the first time for an exam, so will need picking up later.

Tonight is probably a run
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899
    slightly nippy earlier, but a sunny start, may slip in a bask if it lasts

cafe stroll beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535
    Lovely morning. No pedal today as RAC coming to work to fix recall issue with car brakes. No biggie but may as well get it done as it’s free. Pub later, work drinks tomorrow and child free next week so may need to borrow a liver if there’s any spares knocking about.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    edited May 2023
    Morning Phylloxera

[No spare Livers Seano, sorry mate but I do know a guy who's job is to put stuff in the local hospital incinerator. I'll get him to have a look for you.]

Cloudy. Wind out of the North. They lied the b@stards and they keep lying. On Saturday they used the sun sticker 3 days in a row as from Today. Then they go change it. I think they over ordered cloud stickers and maybe a few years of heat waves has exhausted the higher temperature stickers.
    They definitely have a lot of flying arrow stickers.

B@stards, b@stards, b@stards.

School sports day tomorrow so that Tomazs Shaffenerhacker bloke better be right about the weather or i'll send someone to the met office to bop him on the nose.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,723
    Moaning,

Bright n blue out

WFW again , had another hour on the server this morning. Time does fly by when I’m on that thing
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    Sat inside on this most glorious of days but I might bail half an hour earlier to get a jump on a post work tootle around the Vale.
    Other than that, @orraloons roofers are still here.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    Had enough of getting up early for the office for now, so small lie in done and caving is in progress. Will be tempted back into town for a free dinner tomorrow though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    All you southern city types just seem to scrounge free food off clients/chums etc.
    I'm lucky if I can get the wife to make a sandwich.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    edited May 2023

All you southern city types just seem to scrounge free food off clients/chums etc.
    I'm lucky if I can get the wife to make a sandwich.

Why do you think we're so keen on the freebies HD? You just can't the domestic staff these days...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice after a pleasant wobble in the sunshine. Busier than the proverbial one-armed juggler as the beautiful assistant is off for another week. Had to go to a meeting in Oxfordshire yesterday (with lunch provided) so even further behind today. Then had to go to Croydon after getting home, really could have done without that. Hopefully things are settling down there as she's been granted leave for a 3 week holiday to stay with her dad in Germany.
    Later should involve the pub if I don't fall asleep on the couch.
    Hope the MiL is ok TLW.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Went out on my bike for a fauxmute round and round. Lots of fools standing too close to big antlered beasts. I'm pretty unfit, but still nice to ride in the sun.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    It would seem that summer has been found, needed to cream up for todays ride. After I left the group to ride home I realised I was going to get over 80 miles for the first time this year. So feeling quite pleased with myself till I caught up with a guy who was a 100K in to a 300k leg of something called the 4 points. God knows what time he will finish tonight, then he’s got another 700K to do over the next few days.
    He was quite grateful for the company and me knowing where the the next shop was on his route.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    That's me ducked again, a day of border fettling in the upper Gardens. Team did a grand job, looking excellent. Well warm though, the sun is strong.

Is only a year since I was still doing 2-3 days per week physical work with nae probs. Mayhap it's been the lengthy idle poor weather winter that got to me. Or I'm just getting old.

Anyways, long hot soak enjoyed, time for a glass or 2 and munch time.