S-Works Turbo T2/T5 tyre impressions

alxb
alxb Posts: 15
edited May 2023 in Road buying advice
Hi all, I'm considering buying the S-Works Turbo T2/T5 clincher tyre, in 30 mm variant.

This model was released recently and there are not many reviews so I was wondering if anybody tried it and what are the impressions, especially about the grip.

On the official product page among some good reviews there are also two reviewers that complain about the grip saying, in a nutshell, that it's terrible.

On the other hand I like the test results from Rolling Resistance website. Looks like a souple tyre with good puncture protection. They mention some reduced edge grip but still the score is good.

So, anny feedback about this tyre?

Comments

• Not used this exact S works tire but have had the S works turbo and turbo cotton tires in the past.

Can't say I had any issues with grip although they are a lightweight summer tire and I never used them in wet conditions.

From memory, they aren't that long lasting (again, I think they are intended more as a lightweight summer tire so you perhaps lose some durability as a trade off).

The version you are looking at appears to be of a similar weight and construction to the S works turbo, so the durability factor may be something to take into consideration.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    I've not tried them either, but I reckon they'll be pretty good tyres!

Turbo Cottons are fine in the wet for me. I usually run mine March to the end of October (depending on ice/frost). I've still got a boxed one left to use up then I'm going to give this new generation a shot. It's a shame they only do the tan ones up to a 28mm though.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I used to only use the S-Works Turbos (not the new ones though).
    Lovely and grippy and superb in the wet, never had any puncturing issues either.

New ones are probably even better
  • alxb
    alxb Posts: 15
    Nice to hear good feedback about the Turbos.
    I think that compared to previous generation of Turbos now they use a fast rolling compound on the conter(T2) and a grippy compound T5 on the edges.
    So then I hope that this dual compound construction is grippy enough.