sunday catnap

'ning

not quite as nippy

ride, cafes, bubbly lunch, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Hounds, bike ride to some hills and run them.

Then a few jobs as we stay at home for rugrat 2
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    edited May 2023
    Morning Bougainvillea

Dull and misty.
    Somewhere out there is a drowned rat of a cat. He refused to come in.
    He came in at 4am soaking.

Another day of nursing my back. No physio appt. till Tuesday. Pain killers plus red wine helped me sleep but I would rather be on this planet.

Later: Giro. I cannot remember a breakaway with 21 mins on the peloton since the 80's. I doubt that was in Armirails plans to be in pink.
    Now: coffee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603
    Morning, slept like a baby after a decent spin round the lanes with a mate. Bit of chilling this morning, then largely undecided. Meeting the Big Cheeses from head office who are visiting tomorrow so best iron a shirt and have a shave later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Bright and blue out today :)

Got caught up with the Giro, more or less. Looks like a morning on the allotment what’s left of it and then out on the bikie thing this saffto. A fair bit of wind in the forecast but hey you can’t have everything ;)

May knock back a cold one later too
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Not much here. About to take the dog out and get some dinner for later. Watch giro I expect.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Pointed the paving earlier, just writing up some bits for the boss and hopefully chilling in the sun for a bit.
    Steak for dinner omnomnomnom.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Nice and sunny here, managed a bike ride with bare arms and legs. Seemed rather tough today in the wind although it could have last night’s excessive amount of red wine causing the problem.
    Another giro staged watched, only 3 more bike races to catch up on.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Got a good wee ride done, up down round about up and down again. Warm, close weather, the flying beasties were out in force. La Malouine tall ship in Palnackie's tiny wee harbour looks like her over-winter refurb about complete, sails up on both masts. She had a big new bowsprit fitted this month. I like stopping off there, at sea level if quite a long way from the actual sea.

Just got a big bunch of fresh rhubarb from my oldie neighbour's (v v chatty) daughter, mmm mmm some stewed with Mackie's ice cream as a dessert to come.
  • pinno
    Nice sight:

• Stevo_666
    Plenty of garden work done this afternoon but it's prime tick season as we removed 5 of the little bast@rds from the hounds. Mrs. 666 spent a fair bit of extra time blitzing the long grass after that she was so pi$$ed off about it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Nice sight:

Reminds me of the time I was nearly hung in Jamaica for piracy but managed to escape by taking the Governor’s daughter hostage, single handedly commandeering the HMS Interceptor and out-sailing the entire British Navy.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    ^ you are Johnny Depp and ICMFP (or whatever $n millions is the modern wuurld)
  • Stevo_666

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Very slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by a bit of pottering, a trip out with the EPO that may have involved stopping at a pub. This was followed by a bit more pottering in the garage, got the old steel roadie out and pumped up the tyres, lubed the chain and gave it a quick check over. Might even wobble to work on it this week if the weather is good.
    HD has put me to shame by pointing his paving, need to do mine really. I guess it's just a question of weeding the gaps and then brushing in a dry mix of sand and cement. Sounds easy enough and should earn me some brownie points.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Nice sight:

Reminds me of the time I was nearly hung in Jamaica for piracy but managed to escape by taking the Governor’s daughter hostage, single handedly commandeering the HMS Interceptor and out-sailing the entire British Navy.
    Well done Seano.
    I hope you didn't leave the parrot behind.
  • beansnikpoh

Evening folks,
    Very slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by a bit of pottering, a trip out with the EPO that may have involved stopping at a pub. This was followed by a bit more pottering in the garage, got the old steel roadie out and pumped up the tyres, lubed the chain and gave it a quick check over. Might even wobble to work on it this week if the weather is good.
    HD has put me to shame by pointing his paving, need to do mine really. I guess it's just a question of weeding the gaps and then brushing in a dry mix of sand and cement. Sounds easy enough and should earn me some brownie points.

I also need to point my paving. I was going to blast the old sh1t out with a jet washer, to force me into doing it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Evening folks,

I also need to point my paving. I was going to blast the old censored out with a jet washer, to force me into doing it.
    The EPO has done that to force the issue
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    For the pointers among us, I used Marshalls Symphony jointing compound.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh

For the pointers among us, I used Marshalls Symphony jointing compound.

I was looking at Sika. Marshalls looks £££. Is Marshalls the top product?
  • orraloon
    As ever, check out pavingexpert.com

e.g. https://www.pavingexpert.com/jointing-for-paving