Giro 2023: Stage 15: Seregno – Bergamo 195 km, the Bumpy, Lumpy Lombardia Stage. ***Spoilers***

13»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Top ten contesters attack out of the peloton ....Rubio moving up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Fun and games
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Healy is like a snake through the corners
  • mididoctors
    Healy is running out of glycogen
  • mididoctors
    WHOA ...LOL
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Blimey, that was some finish
    Chapeau to all three
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    McNulty used his head
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited May 2023
    Why did Healy lead McNulty all the way to the finish? That was asking to get beat by McNulty.

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,028
    Did he really say, “in the land of fine dining a big mac wins”…
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    McNulty played that cooly, left Healy to do the chase when Frigo tried to jump them. Tactical error about 10km out when Healy tried to force Frigo to chase McNulty’s attack which may have just blunted his legs.
  • mididoctors
    Good final 50, k
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    zest28 said:

Why did Healy lead McNulty all the way to the finish? That was asking to get beat by McNulty.

Because he attacked on the final climb and McNulty wasn’t going to take a turn after that was he?
  • mididoctors
    GC action ....out come minimal
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

Come on Frigo

Top shelf effort ...
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Anyone work out why Pinot was closing the gap to the Thomas/Roglic group when Amirail was in a different group a minute behind?

Pure Peanut or something else?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    andytee87 said:

Anyone work out why Pinot was closing the gap to the Thomas/Roglic group when Amirail was in a different group a minute behind?

Long term Pinot has a better chance of a final top ten, I’d guess

Twitter: @RichN95
  • andytee87
    RichN95. said:

andytee87 said:

Long term Pinot has a better chance of a final top ten, I’d guess

Suppose so, he's 11th @ 4:54.

Kind of leaves him screwed though. Don't really see him being allowed up the road for KOM now or sticking with the main GC guys unless it's in the last km and they look at each other so he sneaks off. Can see him getting nothing out of the last week
  • mididoctors
    Gianetti wasn't shy of the needle
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Pross said:

McNulty played that cooly, left Healy to do the chase when Frigo tried to jump them. Tactical error about 10km out when Healy tried to force Frigo to chase McNulty’s attack which may have just blunted his legs.

This.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andytee87

Pross said:

This.

Plus the 2 KOM sprints against Rubio earlier in the stage
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Had a nice 100 mile ride in the sunshine myself today. So glad I managed to miss what sounds like yet another dreary, GC non-event.
  • mididoctors
    hypster said:

Had a nice 100 mile ride in the sunshine myself today. So glad I managed to miss what sounds like yet kanother dreary, GC non-event.

Good day for it .... The last 50 k are a good watch for the breakaway

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    edited May 2023
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    edited May 2023
    hypster said:

Had a nice 100 mile ride in the sunshine myself today. So glad I managed to miss what sounds like yet another dreary, GC non-event.

The breakaway race over the last 40km was good though.

Edit: sorry Midi, didn’t see you said this already
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 777
    gweeds said:
    According to Gazzetta dello Sport, it's a case of
    Good-bye, good-bye
    I wish you all a last good-bye
    “,
    his retirement at the season-end apparently to be officially announced tomorrow.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Ok so just watched this and a) finally a good stage and b) how fun is Healey to watch!
  • mididoctors

Ok so just watched this and a) finally a good stage and b) how fun is Healey to watch!

Not shy of attacking
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    He’s great. I like how he looks on the bike too