Shoot Saturday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,870
Weekends are normally fun but off to the hospital with youngest for his hernia operations - wish I could swop places with him 😢

Though I don’t want to do the english literature exam on Monday for him.

Chilled run after last nights short TT then down to Solihull to the hospital.

Later is undecided but I doubt it’s pub

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    'ning

it's gone nippy, brrr

ride, cafes, help a friend with some stuff, then lazing and bubbly

hope all goes well tlw
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Aye, fingers crossed all goes well with the youngest's op tlw.

I was going to head out on the bike, but windy-cold, so I might wait until the sun peeps out. The wind's in the wrong direction, and has been, and will be, for a while. It must be Pinno's jet stream.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Off in a bit to go ogle The Gralloch UCI Gravels series riders, loads of them inc Alex Dowsett I read. Potter up to the Forest Park, take a snack with me, watch them go by. Busy busy. Can't find a cowbell though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Hope they fix him up well tlw.

Outing with hounds soon, followed by trip into town, a few jobs then a bike ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    He'll bounce back TLW.

Back is sore. This really puts the brakes on things. It's very dull and cloudy and no wind from me to blow them away, contrary to B³'s belief.

Giro later. Hopefully not concatenated but despite that, cousin Pinot provided us with a lesson on how to rile your breakaway companions and not win a stage. It was very entertaining.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start is being enjoyed. Hope all goes well with YLW, it's horrible watching your kids go through stuff like that. Agreed about not taking exams for them, not least because they're more capable than me for sure.
    Talking of which, not expecting to hear from our lad for a while, suspect he's feeling worse for wear, or he will when/if he sobers up.
    Day of pottering for us, sun is shining at the moment.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Took a wrong turn, went further than expected on grottier roads. Though they seem to have resurfaced Epsom and the most rutted parts of the A24, which is good.

Got beeped and told to use a sh1tty cycle lane while going 25 in a 20 zone (whilst I was being overtaken obviously), Apart from that, I hit the nice weather window, and shed the arm warmers after an hour.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Lovely and sunny here, however I’m not sure I can be bothered to do anything. Weathers looking good in Italy.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Another cool breezy cloudy day. Enough already.

Assembled a couple of drawers to see if it's viable for the whole lot. Slow, but not too difficult. One or two at a time should be ok.

Did some prison labour later in the day, digging up rocks and moving them around a bit.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    tlw1 said:

Weekends are normally fun but off to the hospital with youngest for his hernia operations - wish I could swop places with him 😢

Best wishes for the lad.

Have your kids inherited your lunatic running habits?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I wondered if the hernia was caused by the lad's liver trying to escape whilst the goings good, with those genes it must know what's coming 😂
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509

I wondered if the hernia was caused by the lad's liver trying to escape whilst the goings good, with those genes it must know what's coming 😂

Tlw2? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Cracking day out Gromit.

Here's me mingling with the crowds at the top of a kicker in the Forest Park.

Got onto the course a good hour before the first rider - think it was Tiffany Cromwell, looked like she was cruising in zone 2 - passed by. Started in waves, so 30 mins later had a right mix of amateur male and female with the elite racers coming up the slope in groups of 6 or so through those pedalling on the biggest sprocket. Fxxx me, those pros were coming up so fast, the contrast so evident.

Met one other non combatant bar marshals the entire day, oldie Geordie on his new e-MTB. Not sure if it was because I'd come into the centre of the Park via the old railway line and there were spectators out on the edges.

Moved along after an hour to place where a fast downhill ended in a sharp right turn. Gnarly in CK-speak. That was a fun watch, the pros had all gone through by then so was a lot of the less skilleds realising late, despite the red flags being waved, that sxxt it's a tight bend on loose gravel.

All in all grand day. The weather was perfect as well, a little brighter than in the pic but not strong sun / too hot, and was dry dry.

1200 entrants. Will be partay time in Gatehouse of Fleet tonight.
  • orraloon
    edited May 2023
    Avoiding the S*** Small Races thread, as wasn't s*** 😉

Connor Swift, Ineos won in 3:15:34

Tiffany Cromwell, Canyon / SRAM, 1st female, 84th overall in 3:57:49

Sort of shows the gender difference. Full respect to all riders, they had a tough day.

To add Last finisher was 7:00:06... hope the cutoff wasn't 7h!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    orraloon said:

Sort of shows the gender difference. Full respect to all riders, they had a tough day.

Is there any tv coverage.
  • orraloon
    webboo said:

orraloon said:

Is there any tv coverage.
    Afraid not. Only thing that would come up on search for such is multiple scambot fake listings on soshul meejah. Modern world innit.
  • tlw1
    Thanks all, really appreciated

Boy is ok and they managed to do keyhole
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Best wishes for the lad.

Have your kids inherited your lunatic running habits?
    Not yet, but I only got into it in my mid 40’s, so there’s time
  • tlw1

😂