Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Hounds, work snizzle, maybe local TT although legs are still a bit broken
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,699
    Moaning,

Light and grey, mild perhaps

Back to WFW today, just for a day. Had a nice break in the Lakes, got some walking in although not as much as planned, due to my mate not feeling well a lot of the time, weather was brill. Missed the bike, first time there without it for a while. Plenty of catch-up jobs to be done over the coming weekend, arh :/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Morning dipsomaniacs

Grey and mild here too. Looks like grey and mild for a while.
    Minerva is chucking more rain at Italy over the next few days. Something about the jet stream being unusually south for the time of year.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    soggy giro continues, first bit of today's stage turning into a coach trip
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    sungod said:

My eurosport is just showing yesterday's highlights. Hopefully will start soon.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693

sungod said:

My eurosport is just showing yesterday's highlights. Hopefully will start soon.
    1330 UK time.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    ^^^this

eurosport cut the coverage when they got on the coaches, completely disrupted my wfh plans

now have vuelta femenina replay on, often more aggressive than the mens' racing, plus it's not raining
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Good sleep after yesterday's ride and a chilled evening with cider involved. Quiet day in the cave prepping for the visit of the big cheeses from the Kingdom of Far Far Away next week. Still need to plan then weekends activities.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,026
    Back in work after a fairly lengthy day in site meetings, power washing is on the cards for this afternoon plus a sunny ride early tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH for me today so I snuck out for a liquid lunch with a couple of mates. Only had one as I'm still busy, whereas they were looking like they were there for the whole afternoon.
    Might have a celebratory beer tonight as the lad has just done his final exam and so has finished his masters, he's now in a pub and is anticipating quite a hangover. Next thing is that he needs to get a job.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited May 2023

Afternoon folks,
    WFH for me today so I snuck out for a liquid lunch with a couple of mates. Only had one as I'm still busy, whereas they were looking like they were there for the whole afternoon.
    Might have a celebratory beer tonight as the lad has just done his final exam and so has finished his masters, he's now in a pub and is anticipating quite a hangover. Next thing is that he needs to get a job.

Congrats to the lad!

Has he got anything lined up?
  • veronese68

Afternoon folks,

Congrats to the lad!

Not yet, will probably go back to working in the pub to keep money coming in until he gets something. Sure he'll find something soon enough.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416

Afternoon folks,

Congrats to the lad!

Not yet, will probably go back to working in the pub to keep money coming in until he gets something. Sure he'll find something soon enough.
    Well done the lad šŸ‘
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וח×Øא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,

Well done to V98...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Well done that VN man boy.
    He can now get a well paid job and support daddy when he retires early!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Also that's one less set of uni fees etc for V68 to pay, so can afford a fair few rounds in the pub :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    Apparently this dUK needs trained fruitpickers so open doors....

šŸ‘ to the next gen lad.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

You're at a loose end and you know a lot about plants, Loon. Your new career beckons :)
  • veronese68
    orraloon said:

I think he has the wrong kind of experience as he worked on a dairy farm for a while, another missed opportunity
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    I thought Iā€™d posted earlier but clearly not. This posting everyday is a bit of a chore, it gets in the way of me doing as little as possible. However I walked the dogs and rode my bike, then accompanied the missus when she took her car in get the brakes fixed. We walked in to town, she went shopping and I went and had a coffee with Kev in the bike shop.
    I now know about every conspiracy theory in North Yorkshire.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Well done v98