'ning

cafe stroll, wfh, laze and bubbly, really do need to ride more
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    edited May 2023
    The sun is out sg. What's stopping you?

Off to this office for the last time. 2 weeks wfh, then a new office. A bit closer, which is a shame.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Off to this office for the last time. 2 weeks wfh, then a new office. A bit closer, which is a shame.

A shame because you haven't so far to pedal?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Balkan Beetles

Bit cloudy. I think the sun is trying to breakthrough.
    Suffering a lack of momentum me 'cos of the weather and stuff (like SG?). Will pedal today if the forecast is accurate.
  • pinno
    Will there be anyone left in the Giro to win it?
    (Apart from MC Nielsen).
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

relentless winter and/or sogginess took its toll on my motivation

lot of gmc stuff i'm involved in, worlds don't conquer themselves, should settle down in a few weeks
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Feeling a bit weary today. Being squashed in a pew last night after a 78 mile ride last night was not that clever. Fileys fisherman’s choir turned out not be so much Fisherman’s friends more Salvation Army. However the refreshments of sandwiches, sausage rolls, quiche and cheese and onion pasties then cake and more cake and more cake. Made up for any shortcomings.
    Just had a call from the missus saying don’t bother going shopping as my wallet is in her handbag.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Up too early this morning but the ride woke me up a bit. Plenty of meetings then bail early - in the meantime coffee and cornish pasty fuel is keeping me going :) Mrs. 666 is out tonight so I'm chilling with the hounds and a cider or two.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Finally back to something like normal, after a few days of rubbish flu. Today was the first venture out the gates since Saturday.

3/5 of 5/8 of b^gger all has happened as a result this week. I am now well behind on appointed duty list. Yay.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Finished the routine of haul off the back of the rumblewagon, along behind the house, up the steps, then 1/2 way back again of the contents of the tonne bulk bag of granite chips, forming the access pathways to the greenhouse and raised bed. Thank F that's done.

Think I've done myself some damage with that and / or the hours and hours previously of leaning over riddling out gravel from the 'native' soil to make the fill for the bed. Right side of ribcage bleepin' painful. Erse. I'll need to try a gentle pootle to see if this pain will hit me when on t'bike. Hope not.

Anyway, first batch of salad plants now in the bed, leaf celery this one which should last through the year. Big Tick on The Project to do list.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Finished the routine of haul off the back of the rumblewagon, along behind the house, up the steps, then 1/2 way back again of the contents of the tonne bulk bag of granite chips, forming the access pathways to the greenhouse and raised bed. Thank F that's done.

Think I've done myself some damage with that and / or the hours and hours previously of leaning over riddling out gravel from the 'native' soil to make the fill for the bed. Right side of ribcage bleepin' painful. Erse. I'll need to try a gentle pootle to see if this pain will hit me when on t'bike. Hope not.

Anyway, first batch of salad plants now in the bed, leaf celery this one which should last through the year. Big Tick on The Project to do list.

We need more pics; perhaps even; a journal.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Correct. A mile or so shorter, and I won't have to cross the Thames.
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

relentless winter and/or sogginess took its toll on my motivation

lot of gmc stuff i'm involved in, worlds don't conquer themselves, should settle down in a few weeks
    Ditto (not the GMC stuff), I've only really started again properly in the last couple of weeks, since coming back from Tenerife that is.
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

Busy! You and my brother would get on. He has a greenhouse and a big allotment.
  • orraloon
    Aye, busy busy. The Project picks up pace after the winter hiatus. Roofers due in next week to do the full reboard, retile, re-gutter etc. 🤞for reasonably dry weather.

Just need to get a builder to do things various. Everyone is also busy busy.
  • orraloon
    A pic for Pinno. Another path section will go to the right of where mixer sitting, but a future stage as want to put in a new set of steps down to house / garage level at that end, much more convenient for access. Hence the peter out for now at the greenhouse door.

Given the exposed to wind location, this section will be a good, rel sheltered area for the leafy salads etc.

• pinno
    Ooh that overlap just buggered the fengy shoey wotsit.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Is there something spiritual about crossing the Thames?
  • beansnikpoh
    edited May 2023
    pinno said:

pinno said:

The bridges are more or less the only bit of "uphill" on the journey.

Also, South Londoners are all upstanding salt of the earth types, while North Londoners are all pretentious w@nkers. Or something like that. I can never remember London prejudice, as I'm an incomer, albeit of nearly 25 years standing.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

pinno said:

Also, South Londoners are all upstanding salt of the earth types, while North Londoners are all pretentious w@nkers. Or something like that. I can never remember London prejudice, as I'm an incomer, albeit of nearly 25 years standing.
    That's about right. You want to be in South East London, I conquered the Col de Denmark Hill and Mont Crystal Palace on the way home this afternoon, a real test of stamina :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

That's about right. You want to be in South East London, I conquered the Col de Denmark Hill and Mont Crystal Palace on the way home this afternoon, a real test of stamina :smile:
    Certainly better hills in SE, but SW for the win.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

pinno said:

the only good bits south of the thames are the other side of the channel
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Here we go...
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

🤣
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Googling jokes about North Londoners, the best I could find was… Cockfosters, funny name. 🤷‍♂️
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    oxoman said:

I was always told anywhere south of Watford gap was softy southerner country. And North of Scotch Corner was the Boondock country. The only bit that was normal was in between the two.

Correctamundo!
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

I was always told anywhere south of Watford gap was softy southerner country. And North of Scotch Corner was the Boondock country. The only bit that was normal was in between the two.

Aren't you lot a bunch of potters?
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

The bit in between is just for the M1 and A1 to get between South and North. And people talk funny there.
  • pinno
    Just 'talk funny' ?!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Just 'talk funny' ?!

I was being kind.