'ning

not as nippy

ride, cafe, nip into gmc for dabble, bail, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning scavenging sea monsters

Slightly cool and a bit of a breeze again but sunny.
    Standard day with no shenanigans please.
    Britain will be fixed when one department talks to another department.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited May 2023
    (VN would like to know how much it is for 1 wobbulator?)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pedal pedal. Some bike fettling occasionally interrupted by work. Family pub meal followed by football. Approaching June and apart from cycling shorts, long trousers are still firmly in place. Could it just warm up a smidge please. O
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Run was ok yesterday - not completely pain free but better than expected. Then went to the gym and erm sat in the bar drinking cider and eating food 😂

Hounds walked, work stuff and maybe gym stuff later
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    pinno said:

this one went for 88 quid...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1154996771/1970s-wavetek-model-185-5mhz-linlog
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Morning fettlers, today shall include getting through stuff and forcing myself to complete an IOHS course.
    Hopefully a swim too for the first time in a few weeks and maybe a bike ride later.
    All sounds rather productive but none of the above generates any money.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

VN can't get to work on that contraption!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

He could if he strapped it to his bike, then accelerated to 8.8 mph. I reckon he'd be at work 3 weeks ago last Tuesday, or next Thursday, depending on how he was aligned at the time.

Ooh, a horse drawn hearse just clip-clopped by, I wonder if they'll get under the bridge.

I went for a short ride. V enjoyable in the sunshine. Not too hot, not too cold.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603
    A surprising lack of meetings today which is good. Warming up a bit here but still need to be warmer to sit out after work. Communting into town tomorrow so will just do a few weights later.

Mrs. 666 had a few problems after the tyre pressure monitor in her car beeped a warning when she was out and about but seems it was just an iffy pressure monitor. But not before she'd called me and fretted for a bit, telling me one of the tyres felt a bit softer than the others (it didn't to me when she got back).

It must be lunch time...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Successfully wobbled into the orifice in spite of my lack of wobbulator. I've now added one to the list of things I didn't know I needed. Not sure how it would help with bike fettling but I'm sure I can make something up.
    Drinks at a mate's later before going to a pub as it's Wednesday.

Ooh, a horse drawn hearse just clip-clopped by, I wonder if they'll get under the bridge.

Is it still stuck under the bridge? That would be difficult to get out again as you can't let the air out the tyres to help the extraction.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    It looks like spring has finally sprung today. Which caught a few out on todays crinklies ride as they had turned up full winter gear. Lunch was had at the Spirit of Yorkshire distillery, sadly I had no means to get a bottle home with me.
    Tonight is the Filey fisherman’s choir at the Methodist church.
    Its all sex and drugs and rock roll up here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Wednesday wobbulating with wonderful well grown (drop the Ws now) half hardy annuals, loads of them, planting up a big border in the NTS Garden, lots of friendly comments from Jo and Joe Public as they wandered past. The gardens are looking great already. And it was T-shirt weather, lots of sunshine which wasn't the forecast. Tan lines developing.

Time for a cold beer or 2.
  • pinno
    edited May 2023

pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

He could if he strapped it to his bike, then accelerated to 8.8 mph. I reckon he'd be at work 3 weeks ago last Tuesday, or next Thursday, depending on how he was aligned at the time.

I went for a short ride. V enjoyable in the sunshine. Not too hot, not too cold.
    I'm going to build my new invention: a microwave Turbo Trainer.

You get in it on your trainer and do a 4 hour ride in 20 minutes.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I need one of those, talking in the pub this evening I was complaining that my legs felt tired but I hadn't done much, said how far I'd ridden this week and the others thought I was some sort of lunatic. But I really haven't ridden far at all, add them all together and it makes one decent ride.