sunday since not a pinch of dust remains of cheops

'ning

even colder than yesterday, but perhaps the sun that went awol will appear

stroll, brekkie then head home, maybe a ride if it warms up a bit, lazing and restorative bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Morning Slubberdegullions

Foggy but this time the forecast is for rain so a few chores, plenty of food and Giro is the order of the day.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    cold and cloudy so far

breakfasted on pineapple and other things

had a stroll in the park to see the sleepy swans and ducks, tranquility of the moment rather spoiled by the household cavalry enthusiastically banging out elgar
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    pinno said:

Giro is the order of the day.

I thought they'd send you it by electronic transfer these days :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    edited May 2023
    Morning Peeps,

Chilling for now and riding in the afternoon when the sun has promised to make an appearance. Avoided watching most of Eurovision last night despite Mrs. 666 being possessive over the remote, although the Polish entry looked quite interesting when I wandered into the living room.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    sungod said:

cold and cloudy so far

breakfasted on pineapple and other things

had a stroll in the park to see the sleepy swans and ducks, tranquility of the moment rather spoiled by the household cavalry enthusiastically banging out elgar

Elgar was born in one of my great uncle's rented houses in the Malverns. Now a museum.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Well this is getting very tedious. Managed to avoid it all to date but woke up today with a really sh!tty head cold.

#NotHappyJan
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Stopping to take in the scenery during a few laps of Richmond park.

Expected Sunday Mayhem. Plenty of idiots in massive SUV’s and plenty of idiots on bikes with no experience of roads. Two crashes involving cyclists (not me) didn’t look too serious. Over took a rather fetching looking Spanish couple in full regalia. The overtook me again 5mins later with glee at 30hmp, not realising I’d slowed down for the police car in front of me. I did say watch your speed as they wizzed past but bit of a language barrier, never mind.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Nice and sunny out and it seems to have warmed up a little after the chill last night.
    Good luck with less junior Oxo's purchase, hope all goes well. Lad handed in his dissertation last night, I read through it as he asked me to, must confess although I understood the words the vast majority went over my head. Seemed to make sense and I was impressed of course. More importantly he said his tutors say it's good. He's got one exam to go, then he has to get a job.
    Looks nice in the park Seano, but I confess I can't be doing with the sheer number of idiots on days like today. I really should start doing the long way home of an evening.
    Hope the cold isn't too bad and passes quickly Spinner. I wonder how TLW is feeling today, given he has no sense or feeling to match his liverless state he's probably gone for a run.
    Off to the old dear's shortly
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    No run as currently chilling at a mates house in the lakes 😎
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    The promised rise in temperature turned up after a misty start. Dogs walked and bike ridden now feeling a bit boxed and hungry. Difficult to make any thing to eat as the missus oiled the kitchen work tops while I was out.