Wahoo navigation - broken

I have just bought a Bolt V2. using it with a pixel 5 (android 13) the navigation doesn't work (take me to, saved locations, tap on destination) - they all end in a spinning blue wheel. The only option is to upload a gpx file. Is this affecting anyone else ? I have raised a ticket and wahoo say they are aware, but dont indicate any timescales on a fix. I have 30 days in which I can return for a refund and move back to Garmin. Is this a universal problem with Android users out there ?

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,844
    Doesn't sound good, checked for GPS firmware and/or app updates?

Think I heard the other day at DC Rainmaker that the Bolt and Roam v2 were getting or have been given on the fly climbing, similar to the recent Garmin feature, that doesn't require a pre-planned route.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • forward_loop
    forward_loop Posts: 314
    fair play - there was an update waiting on my phone this evening - and everything is working fine !
  • Yeah, not seen that before, but I have only just upgrade my Bolt v1 to a Roam v2. What mapping I've used so far has been fine. Sounds like you're sorted now anyway.

Now I just have to get them to fix/ replace the woefully poor Tickr v2 which is giving me stupid HR readings...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738

Now I just have to get them to fix/ replace the woefully poor Tickr v2 which is giving me stupid HR readings...

Usually a sign of a dodgy battery or strap. Eliminate those first.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

Usually a sign of a dodgy battery or strap. Eliminate those first.
    Tried all the usual. Battery is their approved (for whatever reason), Panasonic cell with probably 70% left. Could be the strap but obviously no idea of knowing. Tried all the usual trouble-shooting recommendations. Warranty currently dealing with it so hopefully will be sorted.

Giving me low, inaccurate readings like telling me my HR is ~120 when pushing 350-400w on local 7 minute climb (where I know I'm usually up around 160-165).
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 112
    They will give you a replacement. Their straps are shocking. I shouldn't complain I've been using 4 years and I've never had to buy one. Though I'm on my 3rd replacement. Give me a tickr x after the old tickr was just out of warranty. I only asked for a strap to(would of been the second replacement). But tickr x went after a few months.
  • Yep, received replacement v2 Tickr last week. They don;t even bother asking for the faulty ones back. See how long this one lasts I guess. At least the readings seem more what I'd expect them to be now, although I'm dubious to their accuracy.