Friday is full of funerals and fear

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,861
Walk hounds, half day, then nip to a friends mums funeral (good life, etc, so not too sad).

Then off to the lakes for an ultra and as usual I’m winding myself up something rotten.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    'ning

more march weather, shame it's may

ride, meet gmc chum for natter, wfh, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Moaning,

Back at home, gloomy grey and cooler

Drove through quite a few flooded areas last night on the way home, so I guess the sogginess here is not as bad as it could be. Still as SG points out it IS May, bring on summer! image

Camping in the Lakes next week ;)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Stunning morning, just stunning.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Better nights sleep thanks to an drowsy antihistamine tablet.
    In the gym at 7 one the effects had worn off, couldn't even manage a leg raise without any weights on the machine.
    Maybe a bit of pottering about the garden this afternoon and a chilled evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Happy damned Friday, it is for me as I have the day off, so having a slower start than usual. Out on bikes with friends later, plans may have to change due to train strikes, but obviously not a problem as we have bikes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

Meh, overreaction. Did you get your leg over this morning?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Walk hounds, half day, then nip to a friends mums funeral (good life, etc, so not too sad).

Then off to the lakes for an ultra and as usual I’m winding myself up something rotten.

Winding up in what way? Is there a significant amount of fear going leading up to an ultra?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Meh, overreaction. Did you get your leg over this morning?
    B)
  • seanoconn

Morning folks,
    Happy damned Friday, it is for me as I have the day off, so having a slower start than usual. Out on bikes with friends later, plans may have to change due to train strikes, but obviously not a problem as we have bikes.

You could squeegee in a trip to Croydon before friends later.
  • pinno
    ... and the weather is good too. This is the view from one of my kitchen windows:

Sorry, wrong pic. This one:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Caught up in a bit of sleep this morning after 2 early starts. Caving for the day and keeping an eye on the weekend weather to see when's good to go out on the bike.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Winding up in what way? Is there a significant amount of fear going leading up to an ultra?
    I'd be bloody terrified.
  • beansnikpoh
    Home working again.

Going to do some cooking with mini tomorrow, so will pop out for ingredients later.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I'd be bloody terrified.
    Me too but as we’ve learned, TLW1 is completely mental.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    pinno said:

... and the weather is good too. This is the view from one of my kitchen windows:

I'm suspicious about that second pic - it's supposedly in Western Scotland, but the sky is completely blue.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Very pretty. Reminiscent of a Scottish country garden, with mini orchard, bordering a farmers field.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Personal pressure / will the body hold on
  • tlw1

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I'd be bloody terrified.
    To be fair I’m bad before the local pubs 5k, this is just the same but on steroids
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Prefer the first pic 😂
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    I've had better days.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Very pretty. Reminiscent of a Scottish country garden, with mini orchard, bordering a farmers field.

'Reminiscent of...' ?

It is in the country and it does border on to a farmers field and the smaller trees are dwarf varieties of Apple.
  • pinno
    ...and it is in Scotland.

Funny dat.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

...and it is in Scotland.

Funny dat.

I amaze myself sometimes. 😎
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    edited May 2023
    pinno said:

'Reminiscent of...' ?

It is in the country and it does border on to a farmers field and the smaller trees are dwarf varieties of Apple.

no beans
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    A fairly uneventful day trudging round what is apparently Europes largest antique centre. Lots of things were seen but nothing was purchased other than lunch and some wire wool.
  • beansnikpoh

I've had better days.

Hope things aren't too sh1tty 'spinner.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Evening
    A fairly uneventful day trudging round what is apparently Europes largest antique centre..

No buyers for you Webboo?
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

'Reminiscent of...' ?

no beans
    Beans is developing into a very nocturnal feline but we will go for our evening jolly & stroll at about 8.30pm and you are welcome to come along.
    I leave him at the drainage ditch at the top of the field where he studies things hard.
  • veronese68

I've had better days.

Hope things aren't too sh1tty 'spinner.
    + Potato
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,

You could squeegee in a trip to Croydon before friends later.
    Another friend doing Croydon today, I may have to go tomorrow.
    Had a good day, although there was lots of pedalling slowly into a headwind.