Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 2: Teramo - San Salvo, 201 km - Flat ***SPOILERS***

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 16,860
edited May 2023 in Pro race
Someone add something. In the shower

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,690
    For the shower? 😜

Appreciate the stage description in the headline
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023
    TGH did the climb fastest and is in the KOM! apparently a timer error was corrected over night

That's eyebrow raising
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Good point on the cycling podcast that the high speed TT overly rewarded aero and so may not be the best indicator of legs.

• mididoctors
    edited May 2023
    Soft break ....local lad and a few others .. Vuelta Femenina by Carrefour calls
  • mididoctors
    QS trying to give the jersey away. Trek start the control
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023

Finally managed this on my phone

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    Been enjoying a post-race nap with the drone of the stage in the background
  • mididoctors
    It is a snooze
  • mididoctors
    Ineos getting all in a row
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,930
    Big crash
    Cav down
  • mididoctors
    Cav down
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Ineos caught behind the crash I think
  • JimD666
    Outside the 3km.

INEOS ok I think
  • mididoctors
    TCRASH 4K
  • mididoctors
    Ineos held up I think
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Geraint Thomas definitely in the front group
  • mididoctors
    Riders stretched out will be GC gaps
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    Some crazy pinch points on the way in.

Milan (sp) took the sprint - really, really ugly sprinter but quick.
  • mididoctors
    r0bh said:

Yeah saw him... TGH is on blue hard to pick out
  • Dorset_Boy
    Milan
    Dekker
    Groves
    Marit
    Mayrhofer
    Ackerman
    Gaviria
  • mididoctors
    Milan monstered that
  • JimD666
    Thomas and Ganna only in front group
  • Dorset_Boy
    Tao loses 19 seconds due to the crash
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    Typically I missed the only action of the day when having to go and pick my daughter up from work. Sounds like the crash was well before the dodgy run in the GCN crew had been warning about (but probably stopped an otherwise inevitable crash on that roundabout). Any GC riders lost time?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153

r0bh said:

Yeah saw him... TGH is on blue hard to pick out
    Ineos twitter says Thomas & Ganna made the front group.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors

Tao loses 19 seconds due to the crash

Could of been worse
  • mididoctors
    This is going to be a long race
  • RichN95.
    Why do they keep saying Ackermann caused the crash? It looked like a DSM rider to me, drifting into a Movistar rider when they looked behind them. Ackermann came 6th.
  • rick_chasey
    JimD666 said:

Thomas and Ganna only in front group

No Roglic and Evenepoel?
  • RichN95.
    edited May 2023
    Haig, TGH, Vine and Carthy lost 19s. McNulty lost 12.