sundry soggy spells

ride cafes laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning Visigoths

Brightening up a tad.
    Will pedal to a place far far away from this hallowed soil to where troglodytes live and vultures soar waiting for one to perish on the steep ascent of the bypass because weaving gets you squished under an HGV...

Erm...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    smidge of drizzle, quiet out on the roads, a few lumpen proletariat trudging to the mall

ladies' vuelta replay on eurosport, roll on giro

tonight i'm gonna party like it's 1649
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,601
    Fancy a ride but its bit soggy out there for most of the day. Got a few supplies to get as well. Might tune in and watch the highlights of Big Ears party later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Wet here, rain and hot tub related.

Decent run this morning then off to a party later, should be fun
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    rain rain rain, perhaps there's a parade somewhere

just put some new brake pads on the front, old ones were really very worn indeed

sunny giro
  • pinno
    Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro, Giro...

Had a good 3hr pedal and didn't get squished on the bypass because I bypassed the bypass.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Started out nice here, it’s now persisting it down. Still raddled with the lurgi, it’s becoming a bit boring. Managed a session on the board despite tons of snot.
    Don’t feel like partying tonight but I think it will major doghouse if I can’t drag myself to village hall.
  • pinno
    Nice pedal despite the wind and slightly cool conditions but the first ride this year in shorts!
    Then showered and stretched and necked my recovery drink and went shopping; cat food, baguette and milk.
    Cooked pasta sheets for Lasagne and made the Bechamel (sauce was made Wednesday).
    Sat down putting the parts list together of assembly of my next module for production using the pdf file from La Republique du France. Well, one of it's residents: monsieur Leonard to be precise.
    Then collected the girls and proceeded with the build plus notes/amendments/corrections.

Had dinner with side salad, oven baked baguette with butter and vino. A red from some obscure vineyard called La Vieille Ferme with a cockerel and a hen on the label. Quite good.
    Followed by vanilla ice cream to which I added chopped dark chocolate and roasted hazelnuts.
    But before dessert, Beans arrived at the propped open kitchen door and mewed at me. I doubted that it was regarding the short tailed vole I rescued from his play.
    I was right, he wanted to go for a walk. The wind has dropped, there's not a cloud in the sky and the sun is just disappearing over the horizon, House Martins swooping around and Beans with a skip in his step.

Perfect day, perfect evening.

At the back of my mind is that poor German girl stuck in Croydon and it reminds me of how lucky I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Rather moist here all day, went out with the EPO for a while. Her hip started playing up so left her in a pub and walked home to get the car. Had a phone call from Croydon, the landlord had sent someone round to change the locks. She managed to get rid of them by calling the police. They said they'd be back on Monday, that's no good to anyone as the country is shut. I'm going down there Monday with another friend from school to lend moral support and tell them to FRO until they've got a posession order as the courts said. Hopefullt by the time they've got that she'll have got through the appeal. In desparation she even rang the kids father to say he could get taken into care, he didn't give a flying one. All he's interested in is making her life as difficult as possible. Tells the judge he wants to see his kid when in court, but won't provide a blood sample to show he's clean as he's still out partying and doing loads of charlie, and I don't mean the artist formerly known as prince. Whatafuckingshitshow!