friday ful erly bifore þe day þe folk vprysen, gestes þat go wolde hor gromez þay calden

'ning

threat of soggy

ride cafes wfh including mocking gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc and/or gmc punter of gmc laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning Belemnites

A wee bit dreich the day.
    I see the cons took a kicking.

Scousers an' them from the midlands doan talk like that no more SG.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Tired as went to bed late due to meeting some pals in the local.

Work stuff, maybe a gentle run or swim and then the pub
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Hopefully the final day of beating up auditors. Then roll into the long weekend and a spot of bike riding.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    WFH thankfully, knackered after the dash to get out of Croydon and drinking beer to recover. Suspect I might have to head that way again before too long unfortunately, with any luck we'll get the girl away from there at least. Preparations for the street party in our road begin this evening, that's bound to make it rain.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Slow rainy day here although for the moment the rain has stopped but the sky is banging and crashing in the distance. The morning was spent decorating the village hall for Saturday nights party and Sundays picnic. Followed by a wet dog walk and drive to locate and look at some longcase clocks.
    Who knows what adventures will follow this evening.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Got. My. Raised. Bed. Built. At last. The clag and drizzle did one by lunchtime so busy busy afternoon. Bit pootled now, so (1/2 price deal) pizza ex supermercado plus bits various plus couple / several coldies = chill and sleep well.
  • Stevo_666
    Boss called me last thing to tell me I got a decent bonus and rise, so its time for a celebratory dinner courtesy of Mrs. 666. I did round it down a bit in case she decided to go shopping, mind o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Dog walked by the sea much earlier. Long day working with a different view. Egg n chips with eggs I picked up on the dog walk this morning.

I've dug out my os map, and planned a walk tomorrow with the dog, then collecting Mrs B³, mini, and Mrs B³'s friend that I fancy.

I'll be buying a couple of dozen oysters tomorrow.

Then hiring a mtb on Sunday, so as to see if it's not the load of old b0ll0cks I think it is.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

Dog walked by the sea much earlier. Long day working with a different view. Egg n chips with eggs I picked up on the dog walk this morning.

Not dog eggs. 🤮
  • beansnikpoh
    webboo said:

Not dog eggs. 🤮
    Hah, I read it back, and saw the implication. Definitely hen's eggs. 😋
  • pinno

...and Mrs B³'s friend that I fancy.

Oh yeah - tell us more.

• beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Oh yeah - tell us more.

She's the half sister of a commonwealth and european medal winning athlete from the 90's. One of the best weddings I've ever been to was hers (music, food, fun), but the marriage turned out bad. Mind you, the athlete sister wore a sky blue trouser suit that was historic. Aaanyway, it's a crush, no more, no less.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    We definitely need pictures
  • pinno

pinno said:

Oh yeah - tell us more.

She's the half sister of a commonwealth and european medal winning athlete from the 90's. One of the best weddings I've ever been to was hers (music, food, fun), but the marriage turned out bad. Mind you, the athlete sister wore a sky blue trouser suit that was historic. Aaanyway, it's a crush, no more, no less.
    Fair enough.
    So she is single then?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Boss called me last thing to tell me I got a decent bonus and rise, so its time for a celebratory dinner courtesy of Mrs. 666. I did round it down a bit in case she decided to go shopping, mind o:)

Does that mean you're going to buy yourself a decent bike than?
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Oh yeah - tell us more.

Fair enough.
    So she is single then?
    I don't wish to rock any boats. We'll go for a run.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Does that mean you're going to buy yourself a decent bike than?
    Another one?