thursday the bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars did wander darkling in the eternal space

'ning

smidge milder

stroll cafe wfh, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    edited May 2023
    Byron this morning I see SG.
    Poets tomorrow.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Chilled walk with hounds and now work stuff. Later is undecided but probably not a run and pub like last night
  • pinno
    Morning Zapotecs

Smidge sunnier here too!

Beans is off to vet woman this morning. Far easier than Jack to get in the basket but then Jack had a few more brains.
    Will lift 2 x paving slabs and then 300mm disc cutter* to carve them up for service covers as my 50 odd yr old one's have cracked.

*When you have one of those in your hands, you have powa, big powa.
  • pinno
    edited May 2023
    Found Beans' old microchip which had drifted down to his left hand shoulder blade.
    D.O.B: 18/04/21
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Didn't need much brekkie after overdosing on schnitzel last night. Caving today and getting Planet X who forgot to dispatch an order I placed on the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of chaos in the orifice, trying to resist shouting at people. Had to drive the EPO in so no wobble unfortunately. Out for a drink with the neighbours tonight, should be a giggle. Thankfully wfh for POETS day tomorrow so I can hide any hangover.
    You upgrading the new bike already Stevo?
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2023

Afternoon folks,
    Another day of chaos in the orifice, trying to resist shouting at people. Had to drive the EPO in so no wobble unfortunately. Out for a drink with the neighbours tonight, should be a giggle. Thankfully wfh for POETS day tomorrow so I can hide any hangover.
    You upgrading the new bike already Stevo?
    Onwards and upwards...

It's a big enough upgrade over the communter to keep me happy for yonks. I did spec a few bits that were a notch up from the standard list (bars, tyres) but nothing flash.

This order was just a workstand so it's easier to tinker.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Good idea, careful where you clamp it as it's carbon, seat post might be the safest bet.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Good idea, careful where you clamp it as it's carbon, seat post might be the safest bet.
    Hence no carbon seatpost upgrade :)
  • veronese68
    Wise move.
    Drinks with the neighbours will have to wait, now sat in a dingy flat in South Croydon with a rather distressed young lady and a toddler. Friend's daughter's court case over taking the kid to Germany has all gone rather pear shaped. They won't give her leave to go as it would make access difficult for the father, but she's being evicted as she's not entitled to benefits here. She can't work as she can't afford childcare, the kids dad is only allowed supervised visits as he was abusive, hence her leaving. If she gets evicted the kid gets out into care, then neither parent will see much of him. The father is happy with that as he's just being difficult to spite her. What an absolute clusterfuck!
  • Stevo_666

Wise move.
    Drinks with the neighbours will have to wait, now sat in a dingy flat in South Croydon with a rather distressed young lady and a toddler. Friend's daughter's court case over taking the kid to Germany has all gone rather pear shaped. They won't give her leave to go as it would make access difficult for the father, but she's being evicted as she's not entitled to benefits here. She can't work as she can't afford childcare, the kids dad is only allowed supervised visits as he was abusive, hence her leaving. If she gets evicted the kid gets out into care, then neither parent will see much of him. The father is happy with that as he's just being difficult to spite her. What an absolute clusterfuck!

What a total sh*t show. How much has she got to lose by just legging it to Germany?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Very smooth drive down here, now having a beer and looking at the fire I've lit to take the edge off the chill.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Wise move.

What a total sh*t show. How much has she got to lose by just legging it to Germany?
    Poor woman, poor kid. Like stevo says, maybe do a flit. Does she have a support network and access to benefits and/or child care in germany?
  • veronese68
    Germany would give benefits, housing and child care, then she could work or go back into education. But, she could be arrested for kidnapping her own child. It's so utterly insane, I can't tell you how angry it makes me. Total lack of joined up thinking, it's obvious what would be best for the child.
  • veronese68
    Oh, pedalled furiously back from Croydon and joined my neighbours for what I feel was a well earned couple of pints.
  • Stevo_666

Oh, pedalled furiously back from Croydon

That's a good safety tip - you should always try to achieve minimum safe distance from Croydon.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

That's a good safety tip - you should always try to achieve minimum safe distance from Croydon.
    ๐Ÿ˜‚ someone brave enough to visit told me itโ€™s more run down than it used to be!
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ someone brave enough to visit told me itโ€™s more run down than it used to be!
    Not sure how that's possible unless there was a nuclear attack :) I have an extra 15 mile buffer zone now; I always felt that Beckenham was a bit too close for comfort.
  • Stevo_666

• beansnikpoh
    Nice grub at East Croydon box park. Ikea is also there, it's close to London and the Surrey Hills. Most of England is objectively a much worse place to live than Croydon.
  • pinno
    I bought my old Merc in a suburb of Croydon. It was a nice area.
    I went to see another Merc in another area of Croydon which was rough (and so was the car).