wednesday now floats upon the air, and sends from far, a wildly-wailing note

'ning

nippier but forecast a smidge brighter

ride or stroll, cafe, wfh on annoying admin, check on tax avoidance, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Up early for no reason so longer walk with hounds, some work and now waiting for the kettle to boil.

More work snizzle and later is a run with friends
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Is that wailing note coming from Mrs SG in the shower?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited May 2023
    Morning Samuel Taylor Coleridge fan club and chooktas

Only 1 DW for school today as Tricky is getting shifted to a portacabin whilst her classroom gets revamped so she gets to skive.
    Beans the fooligan has resumed his evening walks with me and to add to the routine, a good scrap is always in the offing. It involves me not doing what he wants me to and then him trying to kill my right arm and then we make up. Deep purr.
    The weather is a bit dull again but the birds are singing, there's no wind at all and the cloudy murkiness gives everything an air of serenity.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Lovely day pity I’m not in a fit state to make use of it, cold lingers on. The one of the cats here is in the dog house as he decided he needed to mark his authority by peeing on my clothes. The rewards you get for feeding and caring for them.
    The guilty beast.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    edited May 2023
    A morning in the cave while Mrs 666 deals with the handyman installing some fencing in the garden and some guttering to collect rainwater on her pottimg shed.

Then off into town as there's a free dinner on offer - going to an Austrian restaurant which is a bit unusual but reminded me from old ski trips that I like schnitzel so might have a bit of that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    pinno said:

pussycats ordering breakfast
  • sungod
    pinno said:

• sungod
    pinno said:

• pinno
    They must be hungry.
  • Stevo_666
    All three of them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pedal pedal, sunny sun, too much work, no likely.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

A morning in the cave while Mrs 666 deals with the handyman installing some fencing in the garden and some guttering to collect rainwater on her pottimg shed.

Then off into town as there's a free dinner on offer - going to an Austrian restaurant which is a bit unusual but reminded from old ski trips that I like schnitzel so might have a bit of that.

And potato salad, 😋
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Morning
    Lovely day pity I’m not in a fit state to make use of it, cold lingers on. The one of the cats here is in the dog house as he decided he needed to mark his authority by peeing on my clothes. The rewards you get for feeding and caring for them.
    The guilty beast.

He/she looks very upset, poor thing.
  • pinno
    Where tf aveyewbeen @seanoconn ?
  • pinno
    2 hour pedal started cloudy and cool and ended up too warm for wots I woz wearing when the sun popped out innit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Sunny but cold for the wobble in this morning, slightly wind assisted methinks. The ride home yesterday was certainly harder work than the ride in. Busy day of fending off stupidity again, computers are being obstructive.
    Out for belated birthday curry with the Wednesday night drinkers lately, going to what claims to be the finest Nepalese restaurant in Kingston. Not an overly proud boast as it's also the only Nepalese restaurant in Kingston.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Full day in the glasshouse tending / sorting 100s and 100s of the tender plants and moving them into cold frames in the Walled Garden. Not my garden (I wish) but the volunteer session in the NTS one. Got well warm with the sun peeping out, hurrah. T-shirt time.

Couple of bonus freebie take home plants for my place. Now having a deserved coldie sitting out front and enjoying the sunshine and birdsong. Is this Spring sprung at last?
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2023
    @V68 :) Looks like I'll be going to the finest Austrian restaurant in Marylebone.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

@V68 :) Looks like I'll be going to the finest Austrian restaurant in Marylebone.

Fischers, 😋 schnitzel comes with potato salad but I’d get a side of chips or buttery garlic mash just to be sure 👍
  • seanoconn
    Lentil curry for me 😕
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Where tf aveyewbeen @seanoconn ?

Being a dull boy.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Fischers, 😋 schnitzel comes with potato salad but I’d get a side of chips or buttery garlic mash just to be sure 👍
    Weirdly I had schnitzel on Sunday night. Damned fine schnitzel. With a vinegary but somehow creamy potato salad and cucumber salad. I'll leave it to a professional to describe.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/feb/12/koloman-new-york-city-the-food-is-so-damn-good-restaurant-review

Today was wfh after an early walk with the dog. I'll be taking the bike to Porlock tomorrow. Talking of that, Mrs B³ had a friend and her family stay there, our first "guests", and they broke the fcuking telly somehow.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Weirdly I had schnitzel on Sunday night. Damned fine schnitzel. With a vinegary but somehow creamy potato salad and cucumber salad. I'll leave it to a professional to describe.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/feb/12/koloman-new-york-city-the-food-is-so-damn-good-restaurant-review

Today was wfh after an early walk with the dog. I'll be taking the bike to Porlock tomorrow. Talking of that, Mrs B³ had a friend and her family stay there, our first "guests", and they broke the fcuking telly somehow.
    Looks good 👍

Tried to make German/Austrian potato salad a few times. Beef broth, German mustard, vinegar, onions and oil. Best made the day before. Haven’t nailed it yet but decent.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 said:

Yup, did just that, plus the herring and salmon starters. Plus a dessert. I'm stuffed now. Got a few air miles as well as the boss asked me to pick up the tab so he can sign it off rather than him getting the CEO to sign off his expenses :smile: