Bike mechanic wanted-greek island

Hi folks, not sure what forum this should be in so mods if it's not in the right place can it be moved?
I'm looking for an experienced bike mechanic to look after a fleet of hire bikes on the Greek Island of Rhodes.
The applicant must have an EU passport to work in Greece .
If anyone is interested You can pm me for more details.

Thanks

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I take it you've already searched on the Greek mainland/island for an applicant?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    The amount of people on this island with an EU passport has of course now vastly diminished, I suspect you will be more likely to find a suitable applicant in mainland Europe - good luck, sounds like a good gig for the right person.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mr.b-campag
    mr.b-campag Posts: 410
    The applicant must have an EU passport to work in Greece

I'm not sure that's strictly true, but it would definitely make everyone's life a lot easier.
  • daniel_b
    edited May 2023

The applicant must have an EU passport to work in Greece

I'm not sure that's strictly true, but it would definitely make everyone's life a lot easier.
    Maybe the wording is not clear, but I suspect (as you have already alluded to) it may well translate to 'we don't want to have to go through a ton of paperwork and bureaucratic processes for someone with an inferior passport'

Which I can fully understand.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Someone page Ugo to tell him we've got a gig lined up for him after he's finished in Mallorca...
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 477
    I can work legally in Greece. I’ve got all the relevant paperwork and we own a house in Skiathos.
  • daniel_b
    mrb123 said:

Someone page Ugo to tell him we've got a gig lined up for him after he's finished in Mallorca...

Ugo, much like Elvis, has left the forum.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Why's that then? What did I miss? Another spat or just a temporary leave of absence while guiding?
  • daniel_b
    me-109 said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Why's that then? What did I miss? Another spat or just a temporary leave of absence while guiding?
    I genuinely have no clue, I certainly didn't see anything myself - it wasn't that long after he started the body image thread that was then renamed, by him presumably, but his profile appears to have been removed/disabled.
    Shame, as I was looking forward to hearing how he got on in Mallorca.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    daniel_b said:

me-109 said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

I genuinely have no clue, I certainly didn't see anything myself - it wasn't that long after he started the body image thread that was then renamed, by him presumably, but his profile appears to have been removed/disabled.
    Shame, as I was looking forward to hearing how he got on in Mallorca.
    He's on Strava (Paolo C).
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited May 2023

I always end up in some kind of spat with the usual people, who seem to enjoy targeting me and I find that I am better off without all of that.

No you don't. What a load of tosh. No one argues with you... just like I'm not arguing with you about people arguing with you 🤣

Seriously, don't let others force you off the forum. If you're not getting anything from it anymore that's different, but don't let others push you out.

This forum is pretty much dead these days but there are still some threads which help people, and you're advice and experience can help people and keep the forum going. Well, apart from your opinion on cat shootings of course.