Anyone used this?

I've ran out of degreaser and no longer want to buy the branded rip off stuff. I've done a search and some people use the basic degreaser from Screwfix, 5 litres is a great price. But if you look at the side of it on my screen shot there's an "engine degreaser" which is even cheaper on Amazon. Would this be ok, or should I stick be with the Screwfix product?

Comments

• trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 470
    I use tge No nonsense from screwfix and its great stuff. Not sure about the engine one as it may be a bit more harsh .
  • bonk_king
    bonk_king Posts: 277
    Thanks for that.

What's the common practice with the larger 5 litre tubs that obviously don't come with a spray cap?

Do you pour some into an old detergent bottle with a spray cap, or just apply the solution with a rag straight from the 5 litre tub?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    bonk_king said:

Thanks for that.

What's the common practice with the larger 5 litre tubs that obviously don't come with a spray cap?

Do you pour some into an old detergent bottle with a spray cap, or just apply the solution with a rag straight from the 5 litre tub?

Into a container big enough for components and soaked diluted 1:1 with warm water.
    I don't use it for regular cleaning, only when stripping down for whatever reason.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 470
    bonk_king said:

Thanks for that.

Yes I have a spray bottle and use it in my sonic cleaner fir components
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,666
    I use the Screwfix stuff. It's excellent. I dilute 1:5 in some old kitchen or bathroom cleaner spray bottle. It really is incredible. On everything. Tops of fridges, sides of cookers, dishwasher doors, bikes, car engines etc. Also it doesn't remove your skin.

5 liters of concentrate has lasted me about 4 years so far.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.