monday l’internationale sera le genre humain

'ning

counter revolutionary weather risks drift into reactionary sogginess

ride and cafes, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Hounds walked, taper time so might go for a ride before a big one at the point to point
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    🌲🌲+🔪+ =

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Windy, grey, cool first of May.
    maybe the clouds will blow away.
    If I can't go on a jolly
    i'll just drink coffee.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    Supposed to be a high of around 18C here in Hampshire today, but still a little cool in the breeze, overcast and possible showers...

Tempted to leave setting up the Vel 50 RL wheels that are still in the box that's been gathering dust all winter, until a first outing on Charlie's coronation or beyond.

Trying to find some inspiration to ride somewhere new today or revisit somewhere around Petersfield I didn't get around to riding last year, while trying to be sensible, taking account of my much lowered capabilities since long covid and Friday's 32 mile ride being my longest by distance and duration in seven months.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    Vel 50 RL wheels - would like to know how you get on with them.
    I sympathise with the long Covid effects. Haven't had C19 yet but I did feel totally flat for 6 to 8 weeks following the first vaccine.
  • pinno
    Food shop Monday meant that there was little room in the fridge so now I have eaten left over Prunes and Custard plus Apple Strudel complemented with a decent dollop of ice cream 🙂
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks, slow start was enjoyed. Had to cancel the insurance on the lad's car as it was due to renew tomorrow, fortunately sold just before rather than just after. Couldn't do it online last night as their website wasn't playing. Got to fit a new chain to the green bike, do I replace the cassette now or try without? I think it's on the 3rd one now. Should give it a thorough clean whilst I'm at it. Got a mate coming round to have his brakes fettled later, might finish off in a pub
    I'm hoping my breathlessness is being unfit after my off in January rather than long covid type stuff, still struggling to clear the left side of my nose which is very tedious.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Another late start still feeling well cr@p. Dogs walked and Covid test done which is negative. So it must be a serious case wimpyness.
    Pity as it’s probably the first day round here you could ride with bare arms and legs.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Usual bank holiday stuff - just as well we didn't decide to head down to the coast as the Mayday bikers run down the A21 is causing havoc with the traffic. Up in town getting a fix of Full English then back home for a tip run and more garden related stuff. Back to the communt tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Did a shift helping out at the Open Day at the NTS Gardens. Plant stall and kidz' sow-a-sunflower pot stall. Opted out of a 1/2h sesh facepainting kidz: me? Facepainting? How much tears and wails do you want to hear?

Nice day, sunny and warming up, loadsapeeps attending. But logged off earlydoors, time to do nuttin'.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Opted out of a 1/2h sesh facepainting kidz: me? Facepainting? How much tears and wails do you want to hear?

Ya borin' ole' fart.
  • pinno
    Was grey, miserable and windy so elected to do ints* on the rollers in the conservatory where there was a hint of warmth. Then the sun popped out and I had to get off and open the patio doors wide. Still fried my @ss.

*Someone explain this to Stevo.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Opted out of a 1/2h sesh facepainting kidz: me? Facepainting? How much tears and wails do you want to hear?

Ya borin' ole' fart.
    So if a 5yo wants the face of a cat, a 6yo wants a tiger and a 7yo wants a (and here I quote from an actual) pokemon, wotcha gonna do? Do a 'kin runner in my case...

Much better off chatting with oldies about plants.

Feeling 'kin crackered now, odd, biked a whole 3 miles today there and back, hope I've not picked up a bug from somewhere/one.
  • pinno

Afternoon folks, slow start was enjoyed. Had to cancel the insurance on the lad's car as it was due to renew tomorrow, fortunately sold just before rather than just after. Couldn't do it online last night as their website wasn't playing. Got to fit a new chain to the green bike, do I replace the cassette now or try without? I think it's on the 3rd one now. Should give it a thorough clean whilst I'm at it. Got a mate coming round to have his brakes fettled later, might finish off in a pub
    I'm hoping my breathlessness is being unfit after my off in January rather than long covid type stuff, still struggling to clear the left side of my nose which is very tedious.

Given the impracticalities of scrubbing it with a wire brush and using paraffin, I would suggest snorting the paraffin.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    pinno said:

Given the impracticalities of scrubbing it with a wire brush and using paraffin, I would suggest snorting the paraffin.
    chillis
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    This seems to be in order, hic. Good final day mooching in Central Park and down 5th Ave. Biblical weather on Sunday meant we just dodged from shop to shop before a delicious dinner at Koloman.