saturday as the halves of the plutonium pineapple approach, it's unfortunate if you're nearby

'ning

mildish, baskable uv later if it were warmer

ride, cafes, laze, lay in more bubbly, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    Some work am. Child free weekend so debauchery pm.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    seanoconn said:

Child free weekend so debauchery pm.

Same here - except running first in the peaks then overnight near Bakewell
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    Dog walk and garden stuff first. Then out and about round the lanes to christen the new bike later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    I seem to have turned in to a snot making machine as the day has gone on. Not managed much other than walking the dogs and eating last nights left overs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Sungod is going to lie underneath a magnifying glass, Seano is doing afternoon delight, Mrs TLW is going to play the tart in Bakewell, Stevo is going to bonk on a hill, Webboo's churning out green stuff and Oxo is doing a dry triathlon.

Me cut hedges me. Farked.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

OXO was doing a Duathlon I only get wet when it rains as I swim like a drowning rat.

What's this ride, run and then ride again bizness?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,900
    warmth led to first uk bask of the year, quite pleasant, perhaps winter has ended
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Not in the Homeland it's not. After a sweaty ride yesterday, today the grey and cold is back, had to layer up while potting up plants and doing greenhouse stuff various. FFS where has the spring warmth gone?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    edited April 2023
    Evening folks,
    Reasonably busy day, bit of pottering, bloke looked at lad's Golf and said no, said it was good, but not good enough. Another chap coming tomorrow that seems keen. Fingers crossed. Then went for a drink by the river with the EPO before heading to Croydon this afternoon to help friends daughter with toddler. To say the situation is messy would be an understatement.
    Is Stevo back from his bike ride?
  • webboo
    pinno said:

Sungod is going to lie underneath a magnifying glass, Seano is doing afternoon delight, Mrs TLW is going to play the tart in Bakewell, Stevo is going to bonk on a hill, Webboo's churning out green stuff and Oxo is doing a dry triathlon.

I have got it right that the more red wine you drink the sooner your cold will go.
    I’m sure I read this on here.
  • sungod
    webboo said:

pinno said:

I have got it right that the more red wine you drink the sooner your cold will go.
    panacea and her sisters advise chunks of lean pork stir fried with many chopped chillis and much pineapple, followed by bubbly, it's the universal remedy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    webboo said:

pinno said:

Yes, this is the truth, infinite wisdom on here
  • webboo
    sungod said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

panacea and her sisters advise chunks of lean pork stir fried with many chopped chillis and much pineapple, followed by bubbly, it's the universal remedy
    That’s the sort of food that would help me lose weight quickly as I would be probably be projectile 🤮 after eating that.
    Mind the bubbly would get rid of the bad taste.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Frick and Neue galleries visited. Tonkotsu ramen slurped. Pissing with rain here, utterly grim.
  • sungod
    thus spake the pythia: and the sacred meats shall be as bitter galls for the unworthy and they shall suffer grievous woes
  • webboo
    sungod said:

thus spake the pythia: and the sacred meats shall be as bitter galls for the unworthy and they shall suffer grievous woes

Not really my field of knowledge but isn’t Pythia more into goats rather than pigs.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962

Evening folks,
    Reasonably busy day, bit of pottering, bloke looked at lad's Golf and said no, said it was good, but not good enough. Another chap coming tomorrow that seems keen. Fingers crossed. Then went for a drink by the river with the EPO before heading to Croydon this afternoon to help friends daughter with toddler. To say the situation is messy would be an understatement.
    Is Stevo back from his bike ride?

I'm back, bit knackered - the only thing wrong with the bike is that the engine needs a bit of tuning. But it makes the hill climbing so much easier - managed one of the hills up the North Downs Ridge without putting my foot down and got me through a really nasty little steep bit near Cudham where the gradient is 25% for a short stretch. Would never have managed those on the communter. And pleasingly I was a fair bit faster than my mate :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    webboo said:

sungod said:

Not really my field of knowledge but isn’t Pythia more into goats rather than pigs.
    the old greeks scoffed plenty of pork

hipparchus loved "a fragrant pig within the oven", sopater "you may eat a slice of boiled pig’s paunch, dipping It in a bitter sauce of rue"

not tried the rue, but i imagine it might work

tawny port time
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

Funny dat. I am currently tucking into a nice Côtes du Rhône Villages but good luck with that theory.
  • pinno
    Rue - the forgotten herb.