Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Walk hounds, recovery run, work stuff, maybe a swim and then pub stuff
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Sogginess continues unabated, meh!

WAFH just for the day though, so no riding, cafes or chippy’s. Will be beer tonight though :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Good luck Oxo
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning Murderous maelstroms

Soggy start here. It can damn well warm up a little please.
    Best mate in Eeeeasbawn saw a pair of crudder forks on flea bay he wanted and then noticed they are for sale near me and could I have a look at them... it gets better: I know the guy well.
    Small world.

Bunnies, despite pipette and kitty formula milk didn't make it.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

Best mate in Eeeeasbawn saw a pair of crudder forks on flea bay he wanted and then noticed they are for sale near me and could I have a look at them... it gets better: I know the guy well.
    Small world.

One of my friends who is a retired GP these days cares for sick bunnies and the like. From what she says is that they usually die of shock following a traumatic event rather than physical injuries.
  • webboo
    Morning from a wet and miserable East Yorkshire.
    Wife’s birthday and it’s a big one but she doesn’t feel happy about it. So nothing planned as she got to wait in for a present to be delivered.
    A scarifying machine, fortunately she picked this for herself.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    pinno said:

Small world.

:( Poor bunnies. Rabbit stew for dinner at Casa Pinno?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2023
    Thursday was my Friday so this must be Saturday, hence the good lie in. Got my financial advisor coming round for the annual review, mainly pension related. Then a spot of spannering is on the cards :o But first, coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

Small world.

One of my friends who is a retired GP these days cares for sick bunnies and the like. From what she says is that they usually die of shock following a traumatic event rather than physical injuries.
    1 was very lively and decided to keep it in overnight as it was chilly, plus I had no idea where to put it safely back in to the wild in the pitch black but that one actually died before the other. I have no idea what internal injuries they had.
    I've rescued bigger one's far more successfully but these 2 were really small.

• pinno
    edited April 2023
    oxoman said:

Back from the world of quackery. Mein fuhrer receptionist got upset with me. How dare I turn up in person. Explained their surgery was broke as till waiting for callbacks after a week and online booking down due to covid and their call answering was a joke. Still 5 out of 5 in queue after an hr waiting. Long story short got tablets and currently looking for new practice. I can see why people go private, might have to use mine.

They are. I call them Rottweilers.
    I have had 'what sort of symptoms have you got?'.
    After the umpteenth time of being asked this prior to getting an appt. I asked one of these Rottweilers if they were medically qualified and on the response of 'no' I said 'once upon a time, 2 GP's had misdiagnosed the symptoms of Acute Myloid Leukaemia on 4 occasions and you are going to decide whether or not I get an appointment.
    I got an appt. pdq.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Pretty gloomy up here, MrsHD is on a spa day so I'm going to try the road bike with running trainers. Last outdoor attempt was 5 miles, I'm hoping to beat that!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Rather more moist than was advertised, rather cooler as well. In the orifice with the pub hack today as going to a pub straight from work. Hopefully it won't be raining at 5.30.
    I once walked into the quacks reception area holding my mobile that was still ringing to see the 2 old hags standing there chatting with a phone ringing behind them. I made a sarcastic comment about the ringing noise, one of them came to speak to me, the other answered the phone. I may have raised my voice a little when i told them it was a bit bloody late as it had been ringing for several minutes and i was there. Explained the problem and asked them to get a doctor to call me back after 5 minutes as I had to get back home to the EPO, I hadn't even left the car park when the doc called me, I may have said what I thought about their receptionists. Thankfully the new online booking system seems to work and I haven't seen either of those harridans there since.
    So is Pinno going to do a Glenn Close?
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Back from the world of quackery. Mein fuhrer receptionist got upset with me. How dare I turn up in person. Explained their surgery was broke as till waiting for callbacks after a week and online booking down due to covid and their call answering was a joke. Still 5 out of 5 in queue after an hr waiting. Long story short got tablets and currently looking for new practice. I can see why people go private, might have to use mine.

Oxo, use it where you can, much quicker and easier. Just been to see my BUPA funded quack who conformed my PSA levels are back down to the higher end of normal but maybe needs a few quid as he wants me to do another test and see him in a few months, just to be safe apparently. Now I know I'm going to live I'd better put that bike together :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Just for balance, sorry @pinno but I am not shattered about the loss of bunnies. We have millions of the pestilential bast@rds here, and the more dead ones the better as far as I'm concerned.

Way back when I was a kid, living on the farm, Dad came in off the tractor, been out slashing. He'd "run over" a rabbit which got shot out the back of the slasher somehow in one piece, but obviously a bit, er, shocked. Brought it inside, put in a cardboard box with a rug and light bulb for warmth.

The cat killed it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Bunnyboilers the lot o' yez.

Ride rided. A lot warmer than the forecast said and the sun came out. Too layered up, it's end April not end November fella, so got well overheated. Where's me shorts?

A bit of outdoors / garden fettling to follow this pm then relax. That was first bike ride for a while, been distracted and away; good for the mind and body.
  • pinno
    You win some you loose some.
    I remember in the 80's when there was a Rabbit population explosion in Oz. Unbelievable.
  • pinno

Just for balance, sorry @pinno but I am not shattered about the loss of bunnies. We have millions of the pestilential bast@rds here, and the more dead ones the better as far as I'm concerned.

But you don't have 2 young girls...

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    pinno said:

But you don't have 2 young girls...

yep, two baby bunnies, only enough for one pair of socks, it's a tough decision
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    oxoman said:

Make an even better pair of fluffy slippers. :*

good point

pinno, make slippers

beans will get more bunnies soon, then there'll be slippers enough for everyone
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    6 bunnies per slipper*...
    Beans has his work cut out.

*They were tiny.
  • pinno
    That's no good for you; it hasn't got granny gears.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Front rings are 46/33t and rear is 10/36t. It got me up my driveway no problem :)
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Nice bike Stevo! 33/36 will get you up nearly anything tarmac I reckon.

Busy day for me. Big breakfast with grits. Long walk around Lower Manhattan. Boat trip. 🤢. Burmese restaurant for dinner. Early night,
    as I was awake at 4.30 a.m. Galleries and museums tomorrow as the weather will be terrible.
  • Stevo_666

Busy day for me. Big breakfast with grits. Long walk around Lower Manhattan. Boat trip. 🤢. Burmese restaurant for dinner. Early night,
    as I was awake at 4.30 a.m. Galleries and museums tomorrow as the weather will be terrible.

Thanks B3, I've not seen gearing like that outside of MTBs and tbh it'll come in very handy round here. I was nearly pulling a wheelie up my driveway :)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Front rings are 46/33t and rear is 10/36t. It got me up my driveway no problem :)
    Wooosh!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Wooosh!
    Indeed, it's very fast.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Good man, eat your grits. Tasteless sludge that it is. If you need a plus one for the galleries/museums I’m there.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Wooosh!
    Indeed, it's very fast.
    No it was sarcasm mate.
  • webboo
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Wooosh!
    Indeed, it's very fast.
    Not in 33 x36 it ain’t.