wednesday now the lesson is over and the killin's begun

'ning

still nippy still cloudy

ride cafe wfh laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning Yellow-bellied sons o'troglodytes!

Warmth is in short supply.
    It's this Tory gummant that shifted the jet stream, I tell ya.
    The plastic road awaits...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Blame Wiggle?

Managed a pedal own the lanes after work yesterday and made it as far as Titsey (fnarr fnarr). Stopped and had a good look before turning back.

Anyhow, my new bike is meant to getting 'built' today, even though it will still turn up in a box needed spannering. Wonder if it will turn up in time for the long weekend?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Decent walk with hands to try and get tired legs back in the game.

Work snizzle and then a run and probably pub avoidance
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Grey grey. Everywhere is grey.

Must pack for NY, where it's also grey.
  • Stevo_666

Work, break, or a bit of both B3?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Day of wfh as I have a dentists appointment this afternoon, they just rang and asked if they could move my appointment forward half an hour to 2:30, I replied that they didn't hurt it was just a check up. Took a moment before the receptionist laughed and said how much she enjoyed booking people in at that time. Got another covid jab after that. Chap that was supposed to be coming to see the lad's Golf has postponed until Saturday, says it's due to a death in the family so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until then before getting the next guy in.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Definitely not work. At least I hope not. 4 nights, leaving tomorrow afternoon.

Mrs B³ had a BA 2 for 1 companion voucher about to expire, so we've splurged some avios on 1st class flights out and business back. Only had to pay taxes etc in actual cash.

We've got a few restaurants booked, and a boat cruise, but otherwise just a bit of mooching around. Staying in Soho, which is close to most of the areas we hung around in last time we were there. Shame the weather seems to be as shyte as here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Site visit followed by disappointment on the purging front, may have to try other avenues.
    Probably a walk tonight and an early night as I'm off dahn sahf tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Another cold day, full winter gear on the bike. 70 miles with the Gerries this time lots more hills including the horror that is Worsendale. Good job I walked the dogs before riding as I’m not sure I could manage it now.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Enjoy NYC Beans (not that one).

A lovely day in the NTS garden, warm sunny, team of us volunteers and the trainees planting out borders with perennials, mulching, making them look good. An open day event coming on Monday so get prettifying things people.

Tired now. I think a long hot soak, couple coldies, simple pasta bake, early night...
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Mrs B³ had a BA 2 for 1 companion voucher about to expire, so we've splurged some avios on 1st class flights out and business back. Only had to pay taxes etc in actual cash.

We've got a few restaurants booked, and a boat cruise, but otherwise just a bit of mooching around. Staying in Soho, which is close to most of the areas we hung around in last time we were there. Shame the weather seems to be as shyte as here.
    Nice one, been a while since I was in NY (also on a companion voucher job). Not sure if BA still do it, but we took a flight via Shannon, cleared US customs in Ireland then waltzed through the domestic arrivals channel.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure if BA still do it, but we took a flight via Shannon, cleared US customs in Ireland then waltzed through the domestic arrivals channel.
    I wish. US immigration is a ballache.

Mrs B³ tells me we are turning up at the airport early to have lunch in the Concorde room, so what with all the Grand Siècle bubbly then, and on the flight, I expect I'll have a bit of a hangover, which will make that immigration experience all the more fun...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Global entry is the way to go.
    Advocate of disc brakes.