tuesday is a hazy shade of winter

'ning

rather nippy

ride, quick foray into gmc, bail, cafe, wfh, lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Very nippy, even put some gloves on for my run - it’s nearly ferkin May.

Work snizzle and probably another run followed by the gym with the current wife
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Morning great hornspoons

Mottled sky will offer occasional sun.
    Cold for late April.
    Might resort to the plastic road.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    Frosty out this morning, went for a stroll with wifey as I still cant do much else in anger.
    Drawing up some steel stuff, look into a training course and general malarkey.
    Gym* later.

*child avoidance...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Yellow snow:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    Sunny but a bit nippy here, no wonder my leccy bill is high. Went to the parish council meeting last night to have a moan about ****ing potholes and bag some wine & nibbles. Turns out most people were there for the same reasons :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    If we had a village meeting it would be about dog***t as that's what the local FB page seems to revolve around.
    I couldn't comment on the wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks,
    Sunny and cold as I wobbled into the orifice this morning. I seem to have aged a year since yesterday, strikes me as a touch excessive. I've eaten cake, I will eat more cake. Cake is good. Should probably pedal more as a result, this line of reasoning will annoy some people in a boring thread I've long since given up looking at.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962

Afternoon folks,
    Sunny and cold as I wobbled into the orifice this morning. I seem to have aged a year since yesterday, strikes me as a touch excessive. I've eaten cake, I will eat more cake. Cake is good. Should probably pedal more as a result, this line of reasoning will annoy some people in a boring thread I've long since given up looking at.

Happy birthday V - it's all downhill to 60 now :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Nice and sunny here but not very warm. It’s was 1.9 degrees and frost this morning doesn’t seem to be much global warming going on. Dogs walked and a session on the wall which was completed without breaking myself.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535
    @sungod RE thread title.

My childhood summer holidays were spent touring various parts of the country/Ireland with two cassettes in the car, one of which was Simon & Garfunkel’s greatest hits. Bridge over troubled water still gives me goosebumps. Phenomenally talented pair.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

@sungod RE thread title.

My childhood summer holidays were spent touring various parts of the country/Ireland with two cassettes in the car, one of which was Simon & Garfunkel’s greatest hits. Bridge over troubled water still gives me goosebumps. Phenomenally talented pair.

My "guilty" pleasure. If you've not seen it, there is a brilliant documentary about the making of Bridge Over Troubled Water. Harmony Game.
  • seanoconn
    Over 40’s health check yesterday. Butchered arm from botched blood tests. Low risk of everything but blood pressure slightly high. Should probably cut down to two bottles of vodka a week and a few cocktails. Father in law doctor says my blood pressure is fine for my age, so there! 😝
  • beansnikpoh
    Happy birthday V68! Enjoy all things cakey.
  • seanoconn
    Oh yes. Happy birthday V68! 🥳🥳🥳
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    🤔 how many birthdays does V68 have per year? Or is time ticking faster than my brain will accept? Anyways buon compleanno.

Back in the homeland, good long weekender. And a nae bother journey back today, light traffic and good weather.

All the baby plants survived both my absence and the sub zero overnighter temps. Toughies the lot of them, I'm raising them the right way.

As an aside, didn't see any of LBL on Sunday as was going from bar to bar in Ieper. Passed a bike cafe on Menenstraat and clocked that the post race interviews were in progress, big screens; popped in to ask 'who won?'. There were some v happy peeps in there. Remco does have the fanboi/gurl club. 😊
  • beansnikpoh

seanoconn said:

@sungod RE thread title.

My "guilty" pleasure. If you've not seen it, there is a brilliant documentary about the making of Bridge Over Troubled Water. Harmony Game.
    Looking for it myself now I've remembered it. Seems tricky to get hold of.

I'm off to New York on Thursday, and I know I'll be heading to the 59th Street Bridge and telling Mrs B³ to slow down, that she's moving too fast. Well, maybe I won't, I did that last time, and I wasn't popular.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    edited April 2023
    Cheers chaps. I'm like a queen 'loon, have 2 birthdays, or it feels like I'm aging that fast anyhow 🤣.
    Was going to go out for a meal with the EPO, but I've had so much cakey goodness it would be a waste, so we'll do that another time. Good birthday present from the female child, colleagues either thought it very appropriate or moaned, seemed to be the ones that ask stupid questions that moaned 😂

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Happy birthday v68
  • pinno
    Have a good one VN.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

@sungod RE thread title.

I'm off to New York on Thursday, and I know I'll be heading to the 59th Street Bridge and telling Mrs B³ to slow down, that she's moving too fast. Well, maybe I won't, I did that last time, and I wasn't popular.
    Tell her that she has to make the morning last.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    Nice and sunny here but not very warm. It’s was 1.9 degrees and frost this morning doesn’t seem to be much global warming going on. Dogs walked and a session on the wall which was completed without breaking myself.

Does that 0.1 really matter?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Over 40’s health check yesterday. Butchered arm from botched blood tests. Low risk of everything but blood pressure slightly high. Should probably cut down to two bottles of vodka a week and a few cocktails. Father in law doctor says my blood pressure is fine for my age, so there! 😝

Admit it: you are just a poor boy and your story is seldom told.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615

seanoconn said:

@sungod RE thread title.

https://youtu.be/VWu760_jIok

That?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh

seanoconn said:

@sungod RE thread title.

https://youtu.be/VWu760_jIok

That?
    Yep. Thanks! Though I remember it as being longer.