monday avoid the prickley pear beer at the silver dollar

'ning

gloomygrey, getting colder

ride cafe wfh, need to find a pic and stock up on bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Binned the ride in due to the torrents forecast later, will go tomorrow evening instead. 4 day week for me so should be better than normal. Otherwise it'll be more rescuing money from the clutches of the taxman.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Meh, legs are dead so gentle spin with some pals later rather than running stuff
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    Morning crabapples

Woke up with a distinctly meh feeling and the weather reflects.
    I have found a pic for you SG though probably not what you are looking for.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, 4 day week for me as well so enjoyed a slowish start. About to head down to Brighton with female child, then the EPO and I have an empty house until the 21st when the lad finishes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Lots of interest in the lad's Golf over the weekend whilst I was away. Now got someone coming on Wednesday and another trying to gazump him. EPO said take the higher offer and ditch the guy that's coming, I said no, he should have first refusal as you've already said he could. I think acting honourably is more important than an extra couple of hundred.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Morning crabapples

Woke up with a distinctly meh feeling and the weather reflects.
    I have found a pic for you SG though probably not what you are looking for.

SG will be round soon with the boys in brown shirts to punish you for the crime of posting a pic of the wrong tropical fruit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Site meeting done and dusted, might go out for a walk later.

Is MF undercover in Ukraine? He's been quiet for a while now...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

He stopped posting on here a while ago, but carried on elsewhere on the forums, mainly winding up Rick Chasey. I've not seen him there either, though that might be because I stopped looking. Didn't someone doxx him a bit before he stopped posting on BB? The military thing might not have been what it seemed or something? Or maybe I got it wrong.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Back much improved today, managed to do the cleaning. Did an hour on the bike just got in before it hailed. 7 degrees today but feeling like 4 and it’s May next week.
  • beansnikpoh
    As per Webboo, weather is still utterly shyte. Cold, wet, the only redeeming feature is a lack of wind.

Nice lunch at the office of new advisors, who are the same advisor, but a different team, who know the guys I used to work with. I took the Lizzy line for the first time. Quite magnificent, even better for someone who lives/works east-west.
  • pinno

I took the Lizzy line for the first time. Quite magnificent, even better for someone who lives/works east-west.

Wot!?

• beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

I took the Lizzy line for the first time. Quite magnificent, even better for someone who lives/works east-west.

Wot!?

Elizabeth line. Crossrail. Amazing fast new mass transit system, but it only goes east-west across town. I went from Liverpool St to Farringdon to get to lunch. No good for me if I wanted to commute by rail, as I live south west. I was very impressed, lots of trains, air conditioned, clean, huge tunnels.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    On the way back home (to the sub zero north) after bonzer weekender in WestVlaanderen. A volkscafe weekend event going on, so lots of local bands and players in local bars for local people, oh and us interlopers as well. Excellent break, even if weather pants a lot of the time, inc getting totally soaked last night on the 10 min walk to catch the (last) train back from Ieper.

Now overnight halting in Rick C territory, too risky to try to do it it in one arriving 2-3am. But the man is right, the M11 surface condition is very poor, worst motorway I've seen.

Quick snack, glass of whatevs and nighty night.
  • Stevo_666

He stopped posting on here a while ago, but carried on elsewhere on the forums, mainly winding up Rick Chasey. I've not seen him there either, though that might be because I stopped looking. Didn't someone doxx him a bit before he stopped posting on BB? The military thing might not have been what it seemed or something? Or maybe I got it wrong.
    Not seem MF anywhere on the forum for a while now. He has disappeared before but mot for this long.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Wot!?

Elizabeth line. Crossrail. Amazing fast new mass transit system, but it only goes east-west across town. I went from Liverpool St to Farringdon to get to lunch. No good for me if I wanted to commute by rail, as I live south west. I was very impressed, lots of trains, air conditioned, clean, huge tunnels.
    I see.