friday has crumbled, but lacks rhubarb

'ning

soggier, then colder

stroll, cafe, wfh with added killing, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, decidedly cold and moist out, I don't like it. Now at Gatwick consuming pastry and coffee. Later will involve strolling, eating and drinking no doubt, hopefully no murderising, have a great day one and all.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    Morning highwaymen

Sunny but with cool wind.
    Make sure you avoid those raucous saboteurs VN.

Has 'Loon made it across the channel? I heard it's tricky.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    A bit on the windy side here, so no bikes will be ridden. Have to wait in for a man who is coming to inspect the new laid floor which is doing its best to not remain laid.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    edited April 2023
    Sitting in the cave watching the rain falling, lucky I only need to pop out later to get my dry cleaning. Legs ache a bit after yesterday's communt but slept well because of it.

Good news is we hit our yearly targets at work so will be getting a decent bonus, better not tell Mrs. 666.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Chuffing breezy out, apparently we're doing some gardening later but the rain you lot seem to be suffering with is due here soon.
    Lamb curry for tea!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Morning folks, decidedly cold and moist out, I don't like it. Now at Gatwick consuming pastry and coffee. Later will involve strolling, eating and drinking no doubt, hopefully no murderising, have a great day one and all.

Sounds good, enjoy V ๐Ÿ‘
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Foul weather. Single figures and decidedly moist. No likey. Later shall be spent fixing the eBay โ€˜bargainโ€™ bike for thing two which I was promised I wouldnโ€™t need to be involved with, apart from collecting it from miles away and fixing the bloody thing. Heโ€™s already got two bikes, grumble grumble.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Rain has arrived, I suspect the wood burner might be going on later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

Foul weather. Single figures and decidedly moist. No likey. Later shall be spent fixing the eBay โ€˜bargainโ€™ bike for thing two which I was promised I wouldnโ€™t need to be involved with, apart from collecting it from miles away and fixing the bloody thing. Heโ€™s already got two bikes, grumble grumble.

3 bikes for a kid? Seems an excessive use of space. I still need to work out a way to "lose" the 3 other bikes taking up space in my bike shed, so I can get another couple for me. Maybe stage a burglary. Though it's unlikely a burglar would leave mine and take theirs.

Mainly observing precipitation today. Dull.
  • pinno
    Back of beyond:

• pinno
    Frkkin pothole!

• pinno
    Wind. Bloody wind.
    Then just as I was cruisin' with a tailwind, tractor coming up on my right, sunnies on, mottled shade/sun through the trees on my left and Bang! Hit pothole. Bars went forward and the front tyre pinch punctured.
    Stayed upright which is the main thing and the wheel stayed true.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    edited April 2023
    pinno said:

Wind. Bloody wind.
    Then just as I was cruisin' with a tailwind, tractor coming up on my right, sunnies on, mottled shade/sun through the trees on my left and Bang! Hit pothole. Bars went forward and the front tyre pinch punctured.
    Stayed upright which is the main thing and the wheel stayed true.

You need to get one of those tax disc holders for your porker.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]