thursday with nooses of the finest hemp and only the most succulent of pineapples

'ning

still not warm

stroll cafe wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Cool out but still dry

Last day of WAFH today, long day with the drive home at the end.
    Been nice all week so far but I see more wetness is coming for the weekend, sadness :/

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,017
    Morning Jobbernowls

Stunning day. Quite a stiff easterly. Temp. maxed at 14 deg yesterday and might be a degree or so warmer today.
    I will be mowstly doing a bit of gardening followed by coffee and cake doon the toon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,063
    Decent sleep so hounds had a shorter walk.

Work snizzle and then a run with some friends
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,137
    Load da mowtah, drive dahn saff en route a Vlaanderen weekender. Leave the sun behind it would seem. Still the prospect of that first hommelbier van 't vat... mmm mmm 😎
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327
    Nice fresh and sunny hybrid commute into town, sadly the weather gods have decided to time the rain for exactly when I need to pedal home, so plastic shorts and jacket are the order of the day.

Finished torturing numbers so I'll go back to torturing tax inspectors >:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,660
    Afternoon folks,
    My Friday today which pleases me greatly, lots of brown stuff to deal with in the orifice before I go which doesn't please me. Oh well, computer will be turned off at 5 and i'm gone. Should probably get on with some work then...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,218
    Been out to site this morning, admin followed by the gym and tacos.

Its chilly here too, a nice day though which will no doubt run out of steam in time for the weekend.

Oooo, and on Saturday I'm off to a local concert too to see Ellie Sax.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited April 2023
    Afternoon
    38th wedding anniversary today and we will be celebrating by going to the quiz night at the village hall. We know how to live it large.
    I’m glad it’s not my idea.
  • veronese68
    Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Webboo.
    Finished work and bag is now packed so we're ready for the off. New watch arrived, it's very light.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    38th wedding anniversary today and we will be celebrating by going to the quiz night at the village hall. We know how to live it large.
    I’m glad it’s not my idea.

Congrats! 38 years. Admirable marking of the event.
    I'm wet. Bloody spring.
  • beansnikpoh

Finished work and bag is now packed so we're ready for the off. New watch arrived, it's very light.

Ready for the off? Where are the V68's off to? Did I miss a post?
  • veronese68
    Weekend in Lyon, going to visit some friends. Last time we went was for their wedding, about 10years after webboo's but still too long since we've been.
  • pinno
    Well done Mrs Webboo.
    [Although I there's questions I have to ask].
  • beansnikpoh

Weekend in Lyon, going to visit some friends. Last time we went was for their wedding, about 10years after webboo's but still too long since we've been.

Lovely. I've always wanted to go to Lyon. I'm sure you'll eat well. Hope you have a great time.
  • Stevo_666

Nice one V, the watch looks a bit familiar...is that the one you said was such good value that you got one for the boy as well? My latest purchase...

Have good trip, Lyon is nice from what I can remember.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Yes, but they are hard to get instantly selling out. They are fake Swatch/Omega's, only cost me £20 each. Too cheap to refuse at that price.
    I suspect yours will last rather longer, very nice 👍
    Very much looking forward to Lyon, should be a laugh.
  • Stevo_666

Yes, but they are hard to get instantly selling out. They are fake Swatch/Omega's, only cost me £20 each. Too cheap to refuse at that price.
    I suspect yours will last rather longer, very nice 👍
    Very much looking forward to Lyon, should be a laugh.

Yeah, if you could have got two real Moonswatches at list you could stick 'em on Fleabay and be quids in. As it is, pretty much nobody will be able to tell the difference.
  • orraloon
    Journey dahn saff was lovely, sunshine, good views over Pennines and the like, rel light traffic. Until. Got down to around the latitude of Rick C OTP's place of abode. No sun, pishing it down, road spray everywhere, 1 hour delay signs showing, divert a long way round, more 'kin rain. Which eventually eases. Then some muppet causes a crash and blocks me getting off the Dartford crossing. Inching forward for ages until able to escape off onto the A2. Best part of 8.5h sitting on my arris staring forward. I don't like driving. So there.

Upside: only a few hours away from Hommelbier van 't vat multiple.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Journey dahn saff was lovely, sunshine, good views over Pennines and the like, rel light traffic. Until. Got down to around the latitude of Rick C OTP's place of abode. No sun, pishing it down, road spray everywhere, 1 hour delay signs showing, divert a long way round, more 'kin rain. Which eventually eases. Then some muppet causes a crash and blocks me getting off the Dartford crossing. Inching forward for ages until able to escape off onto the A2. Best part of 8.5h sitting on my arris staring forward. I don't like driving. So there.

Are you gong to watch L-B-L and did you take your bike?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Anniversary evening at the quiz was a success. We got slaughtered in the quiz but one a bottle of gin and a bottle of wine in the raffle.
  • pinno
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

@orraloon
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

@orraloon
    Eurosport / GCN, take a look and see.