tuesday 2:53

'ning

nippier than yesterday

ride or stroll, cafe, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Tired, as took a while getting to sleep for reasons unknown and the woke up before the alarm. On train into The Big Smoke, mainly due to beers with mates in town after work rather than meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    Morning Great horned toads

Serious sunshine this morning.
    Will drop toots off and go pedal. Simples.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Tired too 🙄early morning googling home care costs / home costs for the MIL and trying to work out how the money grabbing SIL expects to rent out the house to cover it (I know the answer she thinks her uncles / we will pay for it and then she gets half the house).

Work snizzle and then a run potentially trying the new outdoor gym equipment at the park
  • Stevo_666
    Wahey - after being warned that I wouldn't get my new roadie machine until the end of June, just got an email from Planet Flex saying that my bike 'build' date is 26th April. Eeee bike here we come :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo_666 said:

Wahey - after being warned that I wouldn't get my new roadie machine until the end of June, just got an email from Planet Flex saying that my bike 'build' date is 26th April. Eeee bike here we come :)

Your getting an E bike. You must be kn@ckered to need one at your age. ;)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Feeling wasted today. Might need to borrow Stevo’s E bike 🚴. However I suspect tiredness is due it being clean the house day.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

Your getting an E bike. You must be kn@ckered to need one at your age. ;)
    It's a Yorkshire bike...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    I'd expect nothing else from o'ert 'ills. A Lancastrian would only need man power to propel it.

Site meeting this morning to move a big metally thing we fitted a few days ago. Fun times.
    Gym later followed by another early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Well now, for the first time since 2016, the eye clinic assessment shows the bad eye might be stabilising, vision improving, and NO Injection! Woo and hoo.

Forgot to take my sunglasses and walking back into town in full sunshine with dilated eyes to get the bus home was... erm... fun? Bit of small scale fettling about this pm, then tomorrow will not be a post-injection embargo day.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the fun factory, at least it's a short week for me. Going to stay with friends near Lyon for the weekend so got Friday and Monday off. All this new bike makes me think I need a new bike, Stevo's Planet X got me thinking I NEED one of these, I mean, it's got my name all over it
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/road-bikes/holdsworth-helm
    Off to the old dear's tonight to see how she's getting on, other than that not much going on.
    Good news about the eye 'loon, have to agree with HD about people from the wrong side of the hills. The old man was a proud Lancastrian, he was furious when they made Bolton part of Greater Manchester.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the fun factory, at least it's a short week for me. Going to stay with friends near Lyon for the weekend so got Friday and Monday off. All this new bike makes me think I need a new bike, Stevo's Planet X got me thinking I NEED one of these, I mean, it's got my name all over it
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/road-bikes/holdsworth-helm
    Off to the old dear's tonight to see how she's getting on, other than that not much going on.
    Good news about the eye 'loon, have to agree with HD about people from the wrong side of the hills. The old man was a proud Lancastrian, he was furious when they made Bolton part of Greater Manchester.

That looks really nice V - get signed up to the PX newsletter and wait for the one you fancy to go on sale, which will come round eventually as that's the way PX seem to work. They knocked £520 off mine which made it a bit of a no brainer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    pinno said:

Morning Great horned toads

Serious sunshine this morning.
    Will drop toots off and go pedal. Simples.

...f*cked.
    Wind was cool and stronger than anticipated but t'was a decent hike anyhoo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    Double woo and hoo. After a sesh of planting out garden things various, been enjoying the sunshine and the views sitting out front with a cold glass or 2. Another first for what seems ages. C'mon the tan lines.
  • orraloon

My view while enjoying a coldie the now. Is why I bought The Project. WIP continues but, as the well known phrase goes, 'I like it'.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Is that Wurzel Gummidge waving in the top left corner?
  • orraloon

Aye, he's not allowed to head off with Aunt Sally for a cup o' tea an' a slice o' cake until I stop being a #toryscum. 😉
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Aye, he's not allowed to head off with Aunt Sally for a cup o' tea an' a slice o' cake until I stop being a #toryscum. 😉
    Well you are a property developer :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Very nice ‘Loon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS