New bike came with wrong parts on it

Hi, I ordered a 2022 Cube Reaction Pro which should of had a "Shimano FC-MT611 32t crankset" but it's came with one which is totally different than the specs and has "ACID" wrote on it.

This is the link:

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/bikes/mountain-bikes/cube-reaction-pro-hardtail-mountain-bike-2022-greyorange__8925

Comments

• PMark
    PMark Posts: 159
    edited April 2023
    A lot of manufacturers have been doing that over the last few years, especially over covid when Shimano parts have been hard to come by. Unless your bike has an issue, I wouldn't worry about it. They are just Cube's own component brand anyway.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    I’m pretty sure the small print on the website and sales information will state the manufacturer/seller has the right to change components without notice.

As the post above, nothing to worry about as it will be a like for like exchange.

Enjoy our new bike in good health.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    edited April 2023
    They will all state that parts may be changed, and this has happened a lot in recent months/years due to a shortage of parts.

I had this happen with my gravel bike that was meant to come with a GRX600 crankset, but it was swapped out for a make I can't remember now.
    I looked it up, and the value was the same, but my problem was I had looked at the spec whilst I was waiting the 10 months for it to arrive, and had bought a 4iiii 105 left hand power meter crank to fit, which with the different crankset would not work.

I explained this to the bike shop I bought it from, who were excellent, and spotted a GRX800 crankset that they had one of in stock - kindly they agreed to fit this for me (I didn't ride the bike in the meantime so the fitted chainset was as new), with a new BB, and amazingly at zero cost - I would have been happy to have contributed something towards it.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • A few emails back and forth today and they finally agreed to send a shimano crankset out as a replacement.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    Great result B)

Presumably you need to send the fitted one back?
    You have the tools to swap yourself?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b said:

Great result B)

Presumably you need to send the fitted one back?
    You have the tools to swap yourself?

Local lad who has his own shop near me is doing it for £15 and yes have to send the acid one back.