monday run silent run drapes

'ning

soggy but mild

stroll, cafe, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Soggy here too, hounds walked and youngest rugrat ready for school.

Work snizzle and maybe a road ride later 😳
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Morning Freshwater Spacemen

Drizzly grey meh. Slightly milder though.
    Kids back to school which means... putting the house back in order.
    Still knackered after last week. Hope the forecast that is sun and milder weather for the next 3 days is correct.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    Mild and sunny here in sub tropical Kent. Junior has been dispatched to Liverpool so our water and broadband usage will go down a fair bit. Caving today as I'm in town tomorrow for a beer or two after work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Overcast and chilly here.
    Just walked the dogs to get a feel for the temperature. Now waiting for a mate who’s driving up to go for a pedal, claims not have done much riding lately.
    We shall see about that. I have my listen of excuses ready just in case.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    Went for a walk this morning, sh17 to shovel today and maybe a phone call to the surgeons secretary to see if I can get an idea of an op date.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks,
    Damp roads as I wobbled in, but the rain I'd heard when i woke had stopped falling at least. Good job I have mudguards or I'd have been rather moist. Still knackered as not sleeping at all well at the moment, very tedious. It is definitely warmer.
    One of the girls at work has done a Stevo and gone from a hybrid to a road bike, she bought a Crack'n'fail. Messaged me to say she'd been out for a 72k ride yesterday and was very pleased. She's in the office tomorrow so I said I'd look at the reach adjustment if there is any on the brakes for her. Said she only had little hands and finds them a stretch, I managed to resist as comment about little hands making some things look bigger. Seano will be disappointed in me.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Damp roads as I wobbled in, but the rain I'd heard when i woke had stopped falling at least. Good job I have mudguards or I'd have been rather moist. Still knackered as not sleeping at all well at the moment, very tedious. It is definitely warmer.
    One of the girls at work has done a Stevo and gone from a hybrid to a road bike, she bought a Crack'n'fail. Messaged me to say she'd been out for a 72k ride yesterday and was very pleased. She's in the office tomorrow so I said I'd look at the reach adjustment if there is any on the brakes for her. Said she only had little hands and finds them a stretch, I managed to resist as comment about little hands making some things look bigger. Seano will be disappointed in me.

She should have bought a Planet X, apparently they're really soft and bendy so they won't crack 'n' fail.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Ouch. Heavy gym sesh this morning, feeling Donald Ducked now.

Best get off my arris and go do some garden fettling now the greyness is starting to lift. Things starting to move out there, must be springtime. Isn't it? First pick of salad leaves of the year consumed. 👍
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,902
    soon turned sunny, quite pleasant out, all the windows wide open for a change
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

She should have bought a Planet X, apparently they're really soft and bendy so they won't crack 'n' fail.
    I think the name sticks for longer because of the rhyme rather than the reality. One of my neighbours had a Planet X, he was a 6'8" rugby player. Pretty sure he could put out more power than the two of us combined, he did get rid of it when someone told him the weight limit for his wheels, said the prospect of a carbon fibre spoke up his aris' meant he was never quite comfortable. Bought a Canyon as there was no upper weight limit.
  • veronese68
    A mate sent me a message this afternoon wanting to buy a 6 volt BPF headlight bulb, he was working on this, worth more than Stevo's AMG :D
    https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/auctions/tiny-car-titanic-price-as-peel-p50-sells-for-111000/
  • Stevo_666

A mate sent me a message this afternoon wanting to buy a 6 volt BPF headlight bulb, he was working on this, worth more than Stevo's AMG :D
    https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/auctions/tiny-car-titanic-price-as-peel-p50-sells-for-111000/

:smiley: Excellent. As test driven by Jeremy Clarkson - worth a watch.
    https://youtu.be/dJfSS0ZXYdo

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

It's not even in good condition - look at the door sills.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

It's not even in good condition - look at the door sills.
    And the wiring looks like a jumble, given that there's only a handful of wires it wouldn't be difficult to tidy it up. Do people think the fact that it's the first one means it has to look like it's thrown together in somebody's shed? If you wanted one for shitandgiggles they made new ones recently and one sold for 10% of that. Would be a better bet, but still an expensive folly.