thursday woe to ones who behold the pale horse

'ning

nippybright again

ride cafes wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Long hound walk as I try to get the legs working after yesterdays hilly run.

Work snizzle and then guiding some friends on a run along the Shropshire way towards a pub, should be a giggle
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Windy again round here and it’s forecast to rain. So it will be a case of wimping out of cycling and doing weights. Currently waiting for the engineer types to finish servicing the boiler so I can start my day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    Day 4 of Shorty's room revamp.
    Yesterdays planetarium was a bit naff but the girls enjoyed it

The weather is pants and chilly too. It's to warm up next week (apparently).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Got an appointment to see a man about my knee later this morning, hopefully he'll tell me to keep doing what I'm doing and be patient. I'm about half way through the expected recovery period and the improvement so far has been substantial.

Snack of the morning is some chicken satay sicks for those who are interested.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,599
    Last big day of torturing numbers here. Next week we'll move on to hoodwinking the auditors.

Junior hound turned 4 yesterday so for a pressie I gave him a big stick which had blown off one of our trees in the wind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Nice morning out, even if it was pishing down. Added 7, yes seven bikes to my collection. Or maybe I should rephrase that, collected in the rumblewagon 7 bikes kids' and adults' that bloke was donating to community bike scheme in next town over. They have a good scheme going there, recycling, repairing, hiring et al. Happy to help them out.

Now rain please pish off. Got stuff to do. Lots of garden fettling but not in the wet.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Where's the planetarium round your end of the world? Unless you count sitting in the garden with a pair of binoculars on a clear night.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice fending off stupidity for all I'm worth. Managed a wobble in at least, quite bright but rather chilly. Hopefully the rain will stay away for the wobble back. Tomorrow is wfh, or at least that's the plan.
    I've got a couple of bikes in the back of our bus waiting to go to the local community bike project, just need to catch them at a convenient time. Supports a few local good causes so well worth it.
    I'd be more interested in HD's Satay sticks if I had some here as well.
  • homers_double
    edited April 2023
    Well that didn’t go according to (my) plan.

From the MRI results…

Summary.
    Full-thickness ACL rupture.
    Associated secondary features of bone contusion.
    Grade 2
    MCL tear affecting the anterior proximal MCL.
    Traumatic tears of both medial and lateral meniscus.

I’m now looks at an arthroscopy to tidy up the cartilage and for the surgeon to get a good look and hopefully repair the ligament. If it doesn't go according to plan is a large operation to reconstruct the ACL :'(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

From the MRI results…

Summary.
    Grade 2

I’m now looks at an arthroscopy to tidy up the cartilage and for the surgeon to get a good look and hopefully repair the ligament. If it doesn't go according to plan is a large operation to reconstruct the ACL :'(

HD :( That sucks. At least you have a proper diagnosis now.
  • pinno

From the MRI results…

Summary.
    Grade 2

Thta's rough.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Where's the planetarium round your end of the world? Unless you count sitting in the garden with a pair of binoculars on a clear night.
    https://www.darkspaceplanetarium.org

The middle of this region is also a dark sky area.

https://forestryandland.gov.scot/visit/forest-parks/galloway-forest-park/dark-skies
  • pinno
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    That's tough HD, hope they get it sorted without resorting to the more major surgery.
  • orraloon
    Best wishes Homer's Dad (😊). I had the arthroscopy on both knees just turned 50 to snip out, tidy up the messed up cartilage. Is ok, not too nasty. Daughter's partner has recently had the ACL reconstruction op, he's only 30 as well, rather hard core. 🤞you recover 100%.
  • homers_double
    Thanks guys!

Loon, how’s his recovery going and what sort of timescale did the surgeon put on it?

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    edited April 2023

Thanks guys!

Loon, how’s his recovery going and what sort of timescale did the surgeon put on it?

I need to catch up. His operation was brought forward ~ 1 month. I've seen photos various of him in the bandages then bandage free, smiley scars visible. It was suggested as 2-3 weeks of do nowt recovery then ramp it up. I'll find out and update.

Added. 6 weeks or so on, walking ok ish, now sans crutches. He was able to drive after 2-3 weeks, guess as no weight on knee.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    😢 HD