wednesday blue rose

'ning

nippybright

ride cafes smidge of wfh laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Chilled start and a cold walk ๐Ÿคฌ work stuff and then yesterdays run (went out on the fun bike with youngest instead)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,857
    Morning Picaroons

Sunny but brr...
    Less p&d today as we're off to the Planetarium to see a show all about... planets.
    Last time I went to one was in Stockholm.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    Good morning team, back to the grind and a swim later today.
    I might even try a ride over the weekend - full on roadie style but with MTB flats and trainers.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615
    More rubbish weather, drizzly grey meh. Very little activity as a result, other than some progress on shed jobs.

This month ticked off the milestone of 4000 consecutive days with a literal pain in the neck. Woohoo.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks,
    Another afternoon in he orifice shovelling excrement for all I'm worth. It feels like I've had 4000 days with a pain in the aris' although it's not literal thankfully. Not such a happy anniversary that one Spinner. I do believe I should be going to a pub tonight if it's Wednesday, might fall asleep on the couch otherwise. How's the boy Bยณ, still hobbling with a foreign object in his hoof?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,970
    Busy day, still, torturing numbers and on top of that needed to get juniors car MOT'd before she heads back to uni. Got a puncture last night, luckily it was just before I got back to the car as I only noticed it when I chucked the bike in the back of the car and heard a hissing noise.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy day, still, torturing numbers and on top of that needed to get juniors car MOT'd before she heads back to uni. Got a puncture last night, luckily it was just before I got back to the car as I only noticed it when I chucked the bike in the back of the car and heard a hissing noise.

When are you taking it to the bike shop to fix the puncture?
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,970
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

When are you taking it to the bike shop to fix the puncture?
    Ho ho :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Wind, rain, sun and repeat here. Had and bit of a session on the board and walked the dogs but other than that done very little. Now watching my third bike race of the day, no wonder I feel knackered.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    The Garden volunteer work day turned out dry bar one short hail shower compared to forecast band of heavy rain around lunchtime. Clearing a herbaceous border in a neglected since pre covid times 'formal garden', starting the recovery. Plus bonus of some plants taken back home.

Bar due to open soon...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Afternoon folks,
    Another afternoon in he orifice shovelling excrement for all I'm worth. It feels like I've had 4000 days with a pain in the aris' although it's not literal thankfully. Not such a happy anniversary that one Spinner. I do believe I should be going to a pub tonight if it's Wednesday, might fall asleep on the couch otherwise. How's the boy Bยณ, still hobbling with a foreign object in his hoof?

Yep. He seems a bit more cheerful on the new painkillers.
  • pinno
    Tramadol and blow... that's quite a mix.
  • pinno

More rubbish weather, drizzly grey meh. Very little activity as a result, other than some progress on shed jobs.

Not good.

This month ticked off the milestone of 4000 consecutive days with a literal pain in the neck. Woohoo.

Worse.

• beansnikpoh

First paragraph sounds like here, all the time. You could take comfort from the sheer magnificence of your shed.

4000 days is a long time, could you not have your head removed from your neck in some way? Some kind of guillotine? ๐Ÿ™ƒ
  • veronese68

4000 days is a long time, could you not have your head removed from your neck in some way? Some kind of guillotine? ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Removal is the easy part, reattaching the head without the neck is where things get tricky
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903

Removal is the easy part, reattaching the head without the neck is where things get tricky
    but does he really need a head?

mike the headless chicken survived without one, in these days of social media, headless could be lucrative
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

but does he really need a head?

mike the headless chicken survived without one, in these days of social media, headless could be lucrative
    I for one would welcome our new neckless or headless overlord.
  • veronese68
    Being headless, but keeping the pain in the neck seems rather futile. Although would he be aware of the pain in the neck without a head. Come to that the weight of his head is probably what's causing the problem. Off with his head ๐Ÿช“
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615

First paragraph sounds like here, all the time. You could take comfort from the sheer magnificence of your shed.

Serious consideration has been given to methods of head removal. Yet to find one that will meet the requirements for government photo ID. Youโ€™d think a headless man would be fairly recognisable, yes? But oh no, canโ€™t issue passport or driverโ€™s license without a head shot, and the minions seem to think it must be attached, even though the guidelines donโ€™t specifically say so. ๐Ÿ™„
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Pesky bureaucrats and their rules ๐Ÿ™„