my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Sogginess hasn’t started yet, but soon.

Hounds walked, work started and a run or the gym later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    Bright, brilliant sunshine and blue sky.
    Chilly wind which will only get worse.

Both the Acer palmatum purpureum and the Aloe (of type I cannot find) have been moved back under cover.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Up too early for my liking but at least it's light when I get up - good ride in, but have donned the plastic shorts and waterproof jacket for the ride back. It's a bit quiet in the office, strangely. Now making progress on stuff powered by coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    pinno said:

Bright, brilliant sunshine and blue sky.
    Chilly wind which will only get worse.

Both the Acer palmatum purpureum and the Aloe (of type I cannot find) have been moved back under cover.

I played the cards yesterday and moved the sweet peppers and aubergine pots out to the greenhouse. Forecasted 4C overnight. Still to go check if they are / were tough enough. It's 'kin mid April. C'mon.

Gym 'n' swim sesh booked.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited April 2023
    Sitting in the surgical admission lounge at St George's. Boy stood on a broken wine glass stem at work and a piece broke off in his foot (vertical line by his toe in the xray), which is being removed today.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Sitting in the surgical admission lounge at St George's. Boy stood on a broken wine glass stem at work and a piece broke off in his foot (vertical line by his toe in the xray), which is being removed today.

Ouch. Had glass in the foot before. Unpleasant would be one description.

Back to work today. It’s bearable.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Been sent home now. Some carnage came in and so as we were an emergency slot, we had to make way.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658

seanoconn said:

Been sent home now. Some carnage came in and so as we were an emergency slot, we had to make way.
    Feckit, that can be a right hassle, slow to repair. I stood on a quarter inch steel spike through the shoes a couple years ago, nothing lodged in foot, just a hole and damage. It was sore for months.

Damp day again, fourth on the trot, over it. Errands out and about for a while, otherwise just finishing up a picture frame.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600

:# That looks very painful. I'm guessing that pulling it out with a pair of tweezers wasn't a realistic option...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

seanoconn said:

I know the apprentices Jnr Doctors are on strike but that’s crap being sent home. I hope he gets sorted out soon.

Sogginess just getting started here, but in for the night. Been nice all day while WFW

Perhaps beer later as nothing else to do, me thinks
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Sat watching the rain as it hammers on the windows. It would seem spring is a bit overrated.
  • pinno
    Not as windy as expected (yet).

Day 2 of 4 in Shorties room done.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    ^ clever cat 😊
  • pinno
    I.m nackerd.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice fighting IT systems that don't do what it says on the tin. Not helped by bloody American overlords being difficult. The head honcho is over next week, I may have to bite my tongue whilst telling him it's all cattled.
    Hope the lad gets sorted soon B³, I've got some rusty long nose pliers if you want me to have a crack.
    Rather moist out there this evening, doubt it'll clear up for tomorrow.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082

How’s the boy?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    tlw1 said:

How’s the boy?
    He’s toerific 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    tlw1 said:

How’s the boy?
    We got sent home. He's been rescheduled for next Tuesday, and been given tramadol to tide him over until then.