monday we live inside a dream

'ning

rather soggy end to easter

cafe splosh, have a wander, lazing, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Run with a pals wife if we didn’t kill her with ale last night, then lunch out with the family.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    Soggy, meh.
    This weeks itinerererary:
    Wednesday is the Planetarium and Saturday is M&D's theme park (wahey) and in between, revamping Shorty's room as she has grown out of the current theme and set up.
    Forecast is sh*t.

The 2 Berberis is in full bloom and getting blown around in the wind.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Anyone want to buy a massive lump of Obsidian?
  • pinno
    Nieces have gone. Phew They are very, very tardy and very arrogant.
    Chips off the old block.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Weather is shit as forecast so not doing too much at present. Will do some weights at some point and might take the hounds out later if the rain eases off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Fairytale weather here. My day will probably be similar to stevo’s weights and walking the dogs if the deluge stops.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    tragedy has struck, inyt has no cartoons, i have written to the editor
  • pinno
    sungod said:

tragedy has struck, inyt has no cartoons, i have written to the editor

Time to get doodling and fill the vacancy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, now waiting for coffee to brew. Rather moist out here too unsurprisingly. Going to drop a couple of old bikes and some other bits off to a local charity later. Then a bit of pottering.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Aanndd... button pressed on next big phase of The Project. Roof retiling - looks like I'm on for early June 🤞 Firm are doing a job up town currently, looking good quality work. Taken me months to get anybody lined up to take it on.

Next!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Well, glad that's over. I mean, it's lovely to see old friends, but a couple of days of visitors for lunch and/or dinner, is enough already. Varying dietary needs, fussy drinkers, argh. Love y'all to bits, but please, just GO. :-)

Shite weather.

Back to the jobs list this week, loads still to get done. Plus, paddock needs mowing before winter, just need it to dry out a bit first.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Bank Holiday traffic made for a looong drive home. Back now though, and thinking about what to have for dinner later.
  • pinno

Well, glad that's over. I mean, it's lovely to see old friends, but a couple of days of visitors for lunch and/or dinner, is enough already. Varying dietary needs, fussy drinkers, argh. Love y'all to bits, but please, just GO. :-)

Fish and visitors have one thing in common: after 3 days, they stink.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    pinno said:

beans can eat the fish, perhaps also a solution to visitors, though he may become a fat cat
  • pinno
    Bye bye Winnie:

...but we saved Wilbur:

• pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

beans can eat the fish, perhaps also a solution to visitors, though he may become a fat cat
    Beans doesn't eat fish and I think the visitors would have to be filleted and inserted into pouches.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

When we did similar with the boys themed rooms I remember thinking it's a sign of them growing up and sometimes I wish they hadn't. Am I being daft for thinking this ? Or is this normal.

Perfectly normal I think. I am in the same vein.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

When we did similar with the boys themed rooms I remember thinking it's a sign of them growing up and sometimes I wish they hadn't. Am I being daft for thinking this ? Or is this normal.

Perfectly normal I think. I am in the same vein.
    Junior demanded that we redecorate her room in the last house as it was 'really embarrassing' apparently. Luckily her room in the current place just needed a lick of paint to keep her quiet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]