Mid Range Gravel Wheels for QR

Hi looking for some advice....

Need new wheels for a Planet X XLS that has 100mm/135mm wide disc spacing for QR hubs.

Looking online it's really unclear which sets come with necessary adapters etc and most just state for 142mm spacing.

Looking for some decent but not OTT (£200-350?) that are well made, light and serviceable. The exact opposite if the outgoing Gipiemme rubbish!

Ta

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    The Prime wheels I've had always come with QR adapters, as well as being good quality and value. These look good for a lightweight option, but there's a fairly large range so worth looking through: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-attaquer-disc-alloy-wheelset
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,619
    Handbuilts?

Malcolm at the Cycleclinic built some for me a few years back with Novatec and Pacenti rims that have been great on my QR disc Croix de Fer.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    edited April 2023
    I have some cycleclinic wheels that have had very little use so I was told, by the previous owner, and as it happens no use at all by me - doh!

IIRC they are carbon 38mm deep rims.

If they are of interest, let me know and I can dig them out and take piccies etc.

They cost me £360 off of the classifieds on here, so they would definitely fall within your budget.

The previous owner said they cost him £600 new, and when I contacted Malcolm about potentially some other wheels, and also to ask about this set, he said the current equivalent (And this was a couple of years ago) would be around the £1000 mark.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Hi and thanks all for the suggestions - I'm thinking the Primes look good value and the supplied adapters make them transferable to/from my winter bike.
  • Have a look at the Hunt 4 Season Gravel X-Wide as well for £350, they have adaptors for your axles - you just specify when ordering.
    The wide rim width supports the sidewall nicely on gravel tyres and they seat tubeless tyres really easily.