monday wherein all things are like the void and cloudless sky

'ning

nippy bright

ride cafes wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    A few chores. Shopping for the boy. He’s interested in what he’s wearing now so could be expensive. Five Guys burger followed by cinema.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    On the train to spare my legs after yesterday's epic ride :) Not too many meetings which is good, so will crack on with a presentation to the Global Big Cheese who's over next month.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Todays hound walk wasn’t too painful, so that’s a bonus.

Work meh and maybe a gentle spin later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    The sh*t has hit the fan already.
    Hopefully the day can only get better.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Short gym session and more exercise bike malarkey before work.

Got to start packing tonight but in the meantime, work stuff.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

A few chores. Shopping for the boy. He’s interested in what he’s wearing now so could be expensive. Five Guys burger followed by cinema.

Does he dress like a low grade criminal? The boy does, unless he's going to work. Maybe your boy is a bit younger.

5 guys and cinema ain't cheap either. Potentially heavy day for the oconn wallet.

Rode in to new office. Cold and headwindy. Hopefully warmer and tailwindy on the way home. Slightly new route at the work end, different bridge. Showers not as nice as my last place, and I have to bring my own towel/shower gel, but all fine.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Seem to recall that phrase being used when Brian Clough punched a pitch invader in the face :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

seanoconn said:

5 guys and cinema ain't cheap either. Potentially heavy day for the oconn wallet.

It's Seano's pet moths that I feel sorry for, they're going to be disturbed after a long slumber.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, glad i managed to wobble in as a broken down van had caused traffic chaos. Decidedly fresh out there though, needed winter clobber for the ride in, should be significantly warmer on the way home. Boy has listed his Golf on the BayofShite, getting lots of chancers trying their luck, hopefully a few of the watchers will turn out to be serious buyers. No more outings for Seano this week having blown his budget on the first day of his holidays.
    Hope the work aspect of the new job is good B³, more importantly, any talent of note?
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Does he dress like a low grade criminal? The boy does, unless he's going to work. Maybe your boy is a bit younger.

Rode in to new office. Cold and headwindy. Hopefully warmer and tailwindy on the way home. Slightly new route at the work end, different bridge. Showers not as nice as my last place, and I have to bring my own towel/shower gel, but all fine.
    After another taste test, there is very little difference between my homemade 20% fat mince smash burgers and 5 guys, apart from £40.

Tracksuits and football shirts. But you can tell by the silly noises he makes and the way he hops and jumps about while walking, that he’s mostly harmless.
  • beansnikpoh

Hope the work aspect of the new job is good B³, more importantly, any talent of note?

Ok so far, I'm doing an impersonation of a sponge at the moment, or at least trying to, as I learn about how the business works.

The older I get, the less I notice the talent. I suppose there's no shortage of women who could be described as easy on the eye, but I expect I'm 20-25 years older than most of them!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Ok so far, I'm doing an impersonation of a sponge at the moment, or at least trying to, as I learn about how the business works.

The older I get, the less I notice the talent. I suppose there's no shortage of women who could be described as easy on the eye, but I expect I'm 20-25 years older than most of them!
    I can imagine, hope it's all going well.
    I still notice, although I'm a good 30 years older than most of them. At least i realise I wouldn't have a cat in hells chance and don't pretend otherwise.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

After another taste test, there is very little difference between my homemade 20% fat mince smash burgers and 5 guys, apart from £40.

Tracksuits and football shirts. But you can tell by the silly noises he makes and the way he hops and jumps about while walking, that he’s mostly harmless.
    We thought the boy was harmless until he metamorphosed from a chubby, geeky little kid into a lanky poundshop roadman about 2 years ago.

I like a burger from the butcher done medium on the outdoor gas grill, on a toasted bun with cheese, fried onion, tomato, pickles, ketchup and a biggish dab of english mustard. All other burgers bow down.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Another sunny but cold day here, chores done, dogs walked and bike ridden. Now watching the Tour of the Basque Country, I’ve ridden up the road they are on at the moment which is the only thing to keep me interested at the moment.
    There’s not a lot happening.