saturday the owls are not what they seem

'ning

cold and gloomygrey, suspect roads soggy

ride off some of the week's meat and potato diet, cafes, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    It's thefinitely not as bad out there as I feared! Gray, a bit damp, but definitely doesn't look as threatening as the forecast said a couple of days ago.

Need to grab some popcorn to watch Pino find out about this thread...

Other than that, ride with the club, try to make it back to the shop before all cake's gone, do some chores, and then, only then, enjoy some family life.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Most of the others are in Porlock. Just me, dog and intermittent boy.

Dog walk, visit MiL. Hopefully she'll pay for lunch. Get back, go on static bike. Stare at tv. Not had a drink since that episode of food poisoning on return from tenerife.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    sungod said:

'ning

cold and gloomygrey, suspect roads soggy

ride off some of the week's meat and potato diet, cafes, laze, bubbly

That sort of reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTIHPLy434w
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    drhaggis said:

It's thefinitely not as bad out there as I feared! Gray, a bit damp, but definitely doesn't look as threatening as the forecast said a couple of days ago.

1. Pinno is spelt like this: Pinno.
    2. Popcorn is good, it's high in energy and fibre. Only beer and cake* is better fuel for cyclists.
    3. My Saturday thread was a dummy run and lots of dummy's posted, though HD got into the spirit of it.
    4. I ride Italian bicycles with Italian components.

*Unless you are SG in which case it's bubbly, madeleines and ahahac.

• pinno
    Grey meh.
    Paying the price for doing too much yesterday. However, I slept well and today will be chores and rest and tomorrow will be pedaling in the sunshine. Well, that's the plan anyway.

At what point on the course will the indomitable Meesta TLW be stretchered off? Prace your bets now. Many gambring opportunities...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed, good to see a traditional morning thread thank you SG. Looks a bit gloomy out, day of pottering lies ahead, EPO has list of jobs to be done before kids return for Easter break.
    Can I prace bet for 1:37 prease Mr Piña? Whatever happened to Mr Shakey Hand Man?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    pinno said:

drhaggis said:

1. Pinno is spelt like this: Pinno.
    2. Popcorn is good, it's high in energy and fibre. Only beer and cake* is better fuel for cyclists.
    3. My Saturday thread was a dummy run and lots of dummy's posted, though HD got into the spirit of it.
    4. I ride Italian bicycles with Italian components.

*Unless you are SG in which case it's bubbly, madeleines and ahahac.

don't forget the papas arrugadas con mojo rojo, plus crusty bread for dunking
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Slow start after fun in the local to the campsite pub.

Nice full English and about to walk to Sidmouth for ale and then back to the site for a party. All good race prep (ish)
  • pinno
    [At least you have a phone reception in A&E :smile: ]

That sucks. I hope you get a diagnosis.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    pinno said:

[At least you have a phone reception in A&E :smile: ]

That sucks. I hope you get a diagnosis.

+ Potato 🥔
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Parkrun and daily plans all binned. Just had a wake up call to look after ones body and listen to it occasionally. Currently sat in local hospital with high BP. Nope its not an April fool I wish it was. Currently awaiting blood results and BP to drop a bit before they give me something to regulate it a bit.

Hope it's nothing serious Oxo. I usually find my blood pressure comes down if I avoid the wife for a bit :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Usual life in had, been down the the builders merchants to get some sand and gravel then into town to drop shoesnpof for repairs. Currently chilling in a cafe having a Full English lunch. Will take hounds out later if it doesn't rain.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    The forecast rain hasn’t arrived yet. So dogs walked and a bit of stretching done, not sure whether to do weights or climb. Later will be Vivaldi at Beverley Minster.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Parkrun and daily plans all binned. Just had a wake up call to look after ones body and listen to it occasionally. Currently sat in local hospital with high BP. Nope its not an April fool I wish it was. Currently awaiting blood results and BP to drop a bit before they give me something to regulate it a bit.

Not fun that Oxo. Do you check your BP at home yourself? I have a dose of White Coat Syndrome, brought on years ago by an erroneous check at a workplace gym sign up, guy did it wrong and told me 'best see your GP...' Since then I can record sky high numbers in a surgery / hospital setting, ok take it again and it'll be down by 20 points or so as I get my mind in order. While at home, self checks tend to be fine, high-ish at first but multiple retakes has it dropping lower and lower. And the 48 hour monitoring showed when my mind was elsewhere / I was asleep, all recording normal levels. All inside the head. I hope. Bonne chance anyroads.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    oxoman said:

Sending lower BP wishes.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Catwalk-esque man shopping this morning (sungod, I’m coming for you) currently perfecting whiskey old fashioned and eating sushi.
  • seanoconn
    @pinno

RIP your Saturday thread 😞 That was brutal.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

@pinno

7 posts. Not bad for fakery. It was a trial run.

Speaking of 'trial runs', how's that @tlw1 bloke doing?
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Not fun that Oxo. Do you check your BP at home yourself? I have a dose of White Coat Syndrome, brought on years ago by an erroneous check at a workplace gym sign up, guy did it wrong and told me 'best see your GP...' Since then I can record sky high numbers in a surgery / hospital setting, ok take it again and it'll be down by 20 points or so as I get my mind in order. While at home, self checks tend to be fine, high-ish at first but multiple retakes has it dropping lower and lower. And the 48 hour monitoring showed when my mind was elsewhere / I was asleep, all recording normal levels. All inside the head. I hope. Bonne chance anyroads.

Lab rats don't like white coats.

• webboo
    So the four seasons in a large Gothic building when it’s 7 degrees outside and what little heating the minster has is bust. Vivaldi might have added another season if he’d been there, I can’t remember when I’ve been so cold. I never though I needed to wear base layers to listen to classical music.
    Music was brilliant though mind I don’t know whether other people could hear it over my teeth chattering.
  • pinno
    Surely the cold lends itself to the experience? :smile:
  • webboo
    edited April 2023
    Given the amount of musculoskeletal injuries I have had and which seem to cause nerve twitches when I’m cold. At times it probably looked like I was having a fit.
    There was a couple behind us who had been to a concert before who came with cushions, blankets and a flask of coffee.
    When I think about I can’t believe I didn’t take a big coat after all it’s April not August.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Given the amount of musculoskeletal injuries I have had and which seem to cause nerve twitches when I’m cold. At times it probably looked like I was having a fit.
    There was a couple behind us who had been to a concert before who came with cushions, blankets and a flask of coffee.
    When I think about I can’t believe I didn’t take a big coat after all it’s April not August.

I hate the cold. Perhaps there is a bit of a reptilian gene in me. As soon as the wevver picks up, i'm off; busy. Few can keep up, so I know what yer sayin.
    Mrs P is a most excellent hot water bottle but unfortunately for you, you can't borrow her.

The Begonias were put out today. 'Rosso relentless'. And they are - they flowered until late September/early October last year.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

@pinno

7 posts. Not bad for fakery. It was a trial run.

Speaking of 'trial runs', how's that @tlw1 bloke doing?
    Run is today, yesterday was a marathon drinking session
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Sending lower BP wishes.
    Plus potato