monday heading for the black lodge

'ning

nippy

cafe stroll, gmc, await pickup for airport, bubbly and balkans, may go dark a while

the gmc undercroft sounds like the forest in twin peaks, but then it always has
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Morning Ophicleides

Brr but sunny wahey!

Chores then pedal. It's that simple.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Full gas commute in, slightly nauseous on arrival. Look busy first thing then chill the rest of the week.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while, the main result was 1/2 an hour on the exercise bike!
    Swim later, you might see some typos along the way as I've left my glasses at home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    WFH, no riding today. Despite the sun. May actually get a test ride on an Emonda. 54 cm is almost certainly too small. Need to see if the 56 isn't too aggresive. Still unconvinced, and *definitely* don't want a Domane
  • homers_double
    Why not? I quite like mine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    drhaggis said:

WFH, no riding today. Despite the sun. May actually get a test ride on an Emonda. 54 cm is almost certainly too small. Need to see if the 56 isn't too aggresive. Still unconvinced, and *definitely* don't want a Domane

Are you an accountant, dentist or marketing consultant?
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    pinno said:

drhaggis said:

Neither. Why? Just hoping to use a c2w voucher to replace/complement an Alu Giant Defy.

Also, for whatever reason, I don't quite the Domane. I really think that what I should get is a Scott Addict in size M but, alas, those are impossible to get ATM iin edinburgh.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Beautiful spring day down here in the badlands of Sevenoaks. Busy day at work, just been for a follow up PSA blood test at the local clinic to make sure everything still OK. Need to take juniors car down to the garage later as her seat belt attachment is knackered and needs fixing soon if she's going to get around.

Onwards...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Today is actually the current wife’s birthday, going well so far

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Pedal pedalled, sunny, calm, nice. First outdoor ride in 3 weeks according to the logs 🤨, c'mon springtime c'mon. Though due to bucket down all day tomorrow...
  • homers_double
    Managed a mile in the pool despite the fire alarm going off mid way through.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    I think TLW looks like he is winning the day so far. I'm wfh today so didn't get to enjoy the sunshine on my communt down the stairs, rain forecast for the rest of the week which is dull. Took the old dear to the financial consultant, finally got her to agree to setting up of trust and such like with the money from the house sale. Now to get the POAs sorted. She's heading back to Verona tomorrow so my sister gets to deal with her for a couple of weeks which suits me.
    seanoconn said:

Full gas commute in, slightly nauseous on arrival.

Did the clock change catch you out, so you left too late?

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658

Afternoon folks,
    I think TLW looks like he is winning the day so far....

Sunny

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    Sunny = + 5 points.
    Sunny and beer = + 5 + 5 points with an added + potato for good measure.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

drhaggis said:

At least he's not a sweeping generaliser ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Managed a mile in the pool despite the fire alarm going off mid way through.

Hope you just kept going - being in a million gallons of water is probably a pretty safe place to be if there's a fire.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

This working from home home lark is great isn't it :)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Todays plans were put on hold due to the washing machine waste trying to be East Yorkshires Old Faithful every time said machine emptied some water. So lot of taking bits of pipe apart, sticking hoses down other pipes to clear away the gunge.
    I blame this organic cotton stuff. Put everything back together only to find several joints now leaked, after much f*rting about. A trip to Wickes was needed to buy replacement parts.
    All back together now just waiting for the missus to tell me it’s still f*cked when she next does some washing.
    Following this epic I did walk the dogs and manage an interval session on the bike.
    Why are there no cycle races on the tv, is this the beginning of the end.
  • pinno
    drhaggis said:

pinno said:

drhaggis said:

Neither. Why? Just hoping to use a c2w voucher to replace/complement an Alu Giant Defy.

Also, for whatever reason, I don't quite the Domane. I really think that what I should get is a Scott Addict in size M but, alas, those are impossible to get ATM iin edinburgh.
    'Cos that's the only people who ride Treks :smile:
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Nope day off
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    pinno said:

drhaggis said:

pinno said:

drhaggis said:

I thought that was Cervelos
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Played the 'Def Spring' card. Lovely and warm sun today. Planted the first batch of potatoes of the year, the salad 'Charlotte' variety. 🤔 too early or...? Go for it. Can always cloche them if we get a deep freeze in April when the shoots are up. They will get well watered in tomorrow.

So there you go, topic of the day on the cycling forum.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    orraloon said:

Played the 'Def Spring' card. Lovely and warm sun today. Planted the first batch of potatoes of the year, the salad 'Charlotte' variety. 🤔 too early or...? Go for it. Can always cloche them if we get a deep freeze in April when the shoots are up. They will get well watered in tomorrow.

So there you go, topic of the day on the cycling forum.

I would say go for it. Wet every day for a while, double figures during the day and 7/8’s at night. But you do live somewhere silly so 🤷‍♂️
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Nope day off
    OK, honest skiving :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Nope day off
    OK, honest skiving :)
    Fun though - eldest has started drinking - so lots of fun and way too many shots
  • pinno
    2.5 hr ride in the sun and cold wind.
    Out was chilly and bright with the sun in my eyes.
    Back was tailwind and sun on my back and cruising.
    Worth the effort to the turnaround.

Monsoon for rest of week. 'Loons early pots will float down his steep drive and away.
  • pinno
    Oh and on the summer bike too!
    Nice to be re-acquainted.

The new GP5000's seem to be suitably sticky.
  • pinno

pinno said:

drhaggis said:

pinno said:

drhaggis said:

I thought that was Cervelos
    I dunno, This is so confusing, There should be an industry standard.