friday has got sarah bernhardt's hand

'ning

ride, cafes, wfh, receive outrageous trousers of italy, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Last night ended up a run and then a pub in town, much fun.

Hounds / work stuff then help the current wife get the party sorted, this may impact my pub time
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Dentists appointment shortly, hopefully it won't be too painful for my wallet. Then a load of meetings.

Junior is back from uni tonight so Mrs. 666 is stressbagging trying to get stuff ready. Best keep a safe distance until she turns up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    tlw1 said:

Hounds / work stuff then help the current wife get the party sorted, this may impact my pub time

Did you hire a marquee?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning freshwater spacemen!

Not a lot on the cards today for a change.
    All is quiet on the Western front. Bit breezy and grey.

How's the electrical stuff @oxoman ? What's been cooked?
    Could you actually make a claim against a power coy after a power surge I wonder.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Did you hire a marquee?
    Nope - but she has people facing the wall 🙄

• pinno
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Morning freshwater spacemen!

Not a lot on the cards today for a change.
    All is quiet on the Western front. Bit breezy and grey.

How's the electrical stuff @oxoman ? What's been cooked?
    Could you actually make a claim against a power coy after a power surge I wonder.

Wasn't me it was Mr Croker, suffered a power surge apparently. Not heard anything since, perhaps his circuits got fried as well.
    Oops, silly me [insert rolling eyes icon].

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    I'm sick of it Jeremy, sick of it. This soggy weather. More heavy rain and winds overnight, saturated ground.

Erse. Gym sesh booked then watch E3. Wot else can I do?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    after a sunny start, back to episodic sogginess

on the plus side, just had two good things of italy delivered...

outrageous trousers

actual proper tins of tub glue

...must not put on the wrong ones
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

I'm sick of it Jeremy, sick of it. This soggy weather. More heavy rain and winds overnight, saturated ground.

Move away from Scotland? Oh, hang on... :smiley:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Move away from Scotland? Oh, hang on... :smiley:
    The sunweathergod listened to me whingeing, sunny now, at least for a while. And breezy. Gym kit and assorted laundry in da machine, to be hung outside soon!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    In the orifice again as my boss is off this week, EPO has gone away for the weekend so I'm off to meet a mate at the pub after work. My weekend to myself hasn't quite panned out like that as the old dear has a list of jobs for me to do.
    Good luck this weekend TLW
  • tlw1

Afternoon folks,
    In the orifice again as my boss is off this week, EPO has gone away for the weekend so I'm off to meet a mate at the pub after work. My weekend to myself hasn't quite panned out like that as the old dear has a list of jobs for me to do.
    Good luck this weekend TLW

Cheers v68
  • pinno
    edited March 2023
    Acquired new oil drum from welder bloke.
    Cut hole in said drum with angle grinder (much fun and power to be had in an angle grinder).
    Burnt off winter pruning cuttings and had a general tidy.
    All in lovely sunshine. I even broke sweat!

Then a deluge at school pick up time. Then it stopped literally 5 mins after we got them in the car.

I was going to give the sparkly summer bike a spin tomorrow but probably not after that. Meh.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Did you hire a marquee?

So are you and your mates going to be facing the wall like naughty boys while wifey and her mates sit at the top table?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening.
    Another nice sunny day spoiled by gale force winds. So bike didn’t leave the garage and one of the dogs got dragged round the lanes and fields for 3 hours. Mind he finished in better shape than I did. Watched one todays bike races and saw 2 of the unbeatable riders get beat.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Greetings all. Came back from volcanos, immediately came down with suspected food poisoning for 2 days, nassty business. New job started today. Quite a quiet start, but met a few people.

Hopefully get out on the bike at the weekend.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Did you hire a marquee?

So are you and your mates going to be facing the wall like naughty boys while wifey and her mates sit at the top table?
    Head of the table - basically where I belong
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Did you hire a marquee?

Head of the table - basically where I belong
    Wrong spot. Person sat there *always* gets the bill.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Went to the pub to meet a friend, had a few more, then a couple more for good measure. Some things in life are tedious, time with friends is good.