further sogginess forecast

cafe stroll, wfh, tax avoidance, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,699
    Moaning,

Bright and windy looking

My local area had an over voltage surge in the middle of the night (Tue) so I’m still trying to figure out what does/not work or safe to use. Some sockets are even dead plus lots of light bulbs, no hot water is a real pain. I therefore won’t be cycling soon

Happy days!
    :'(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,544

Moaning,

Bright and windy looking

My local area had an over voltage surge in the middle of the night (Tue) so I’m still trying to figure out what does/not work or safe to use. Some sockets are even dead plus lots of light bulbs, no hot water is a real pain. I therefore won’t be cycling soon

Happy days!
    :'(

The joys. We had a short blackout not long ago when something went pop at the local substation so it was torches out time. Luckily it all came back on a couple of hours later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,544
    On the train again as taking a half day to use up a bit of my surplus holidays before I lose them. This may involve going for a snake beer in the afternoon as a mate is in town with a bit of spare time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    Hopefully the RCD's saved you CC.
    Unless of course your house needed rewiring in 1972...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Gyroscopes

Off to a land far away in a neighbouring clan to Fort 'Loon.
    Weather's looking windy but sunny though there is looming black cloud.

All is quiet on the family front. I smell capitulation but they are more than capable of finding some sh*t to throw around.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Rubbish CC

Work snizzle, hours of fun planned
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,025
    The usual for me followed by a site meeting and a trip to the airport.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    We have wind, sun and rain in no particular order round here. So no bike riding today, lifted some lumps of mental and hung from some slots in a piece of wood earlier. Dogs were also walked before it rained so it’s now time to watch the cycling.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Just. WFW having pedalled in again. Nice and dry and no wind first thing. CC re your electrical surge issue I'm guessing that the supplier is sorting the problems out somehow. Hopefully just breakers and fuses required, but they have a habit of fuxxing anything electronic especially more recent weakly built in 💩.

Do you need re-wiring?

My RCD's trip if you fart in the wrong direction.
    Also, our laptops, mobile phones, a tablet etc are all powered by and charged via an extension with a power surge cut out function.