wednesday has a discontinuous world line

'ning

soggy, gloomy

cafe stroll, wfh, bubbly like it's 1999
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Hybrid commute should be fun in tired legs.

Meeting snizzle, try not to eat too much (no chance), maybe run later but def ale avoidance
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    There's clear blue skies and it's not piddling down, for now anyway. A good way to start the day of volunteer work in The Gardens. Is this springtime then at last?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    edited March 2023
    Grey and soggy out so hiding in the cave. Got some real work to do before a 2 hour HR training session this afternoon on how to use our new HR online portal. I'm sure that'll be riveting...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    MrsHD's comment was not well received this morning as she got up early to go for a run.
    "Its lovely out, why don't you go out on your bike..."
    Well for one, I'm looking after the bloody kids and two I can't even fecking walk properly!
    I think I'll just sit here and mutter to myself for a while.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Day off today as engineer calling to hopefully repair boiler. Thankfully it's not to cold atm, wish we could have a log burner here. Run and ride planned once he's done. Quacks finally showing some concern over BP, see what happens. Finally dry for a bit.

An engineer calling another engineer to fix his boiler. Shame on you oxo.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Too much work. Half day today, I need a lay down.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    Managed a swim, 70 lengths with stretching intervals every 10.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice fighting stupidity, I'm tired. This might have something to do with the beer last night. Need to go up the road to visit another car parts emporium shortly.
    I'm not surprised Seano needs a lie down if he's been working, look after yourself mate.
    Pub again later, followed by a curry.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Todays planned ride with the Geriatrics Wednesday group dipped out of due to 40mph winds. Didn’t seem such a good idea with an 8 week old hip. So a session on the board followed by some repeaters with 8 lbs added weight.
    Dogs walked now watching a very wet De Panne.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Afternoon.
    Todays planned ride with the Geriatrics Wednesday group dipped out of due to 40mph winds. Didn’t seem such a good idea with an 8 week old hip. So a session on the board followed by some repeaters with 8 lbs added weight.
    Dogs walked now watching a very wet De Panne.

Quite enjoyable watching others slip sliding and suffer in the rain.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Morning all. Day off today as engineer calling to hopefully repair boiler. Thankfully it's not to cold atm, wish we could have a log burner here. Run and ride planned once he's done. Quacks finally showing some concern over BP, see what happens. Finally dry for a bit.

Gas innit. Don't touch gas.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bit late to today's game. Spent the entire morning doing emails and chasing people up.
    I could do without family either. They just put spanners in the works. Do nothing and try to dictate t&c's. Well, I put them in to touch. They can eff off.

Managed 1hr 40 mins pedal in 24 deg heat.
    (Was in the conservatory on the plastic road).

Some sun!
  • pinno
    Where is hop hop hop @beansnikpoh ?
    I am sure he's starting his new job soon.
    It's been so long since the interview, his remit and the company will be unrecogniseable.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Gas innit. Don't touch gas.
    I could have done the repair as it was just the water / radiator side. But this way saves me paying for a new pressure relief valve and combined PRV and filling control. The old boiler just had 2 taps and a hose to pressurise the system, the newer ones have a all in one valve that if it starts passing water through can pressurise your radiators upto 5 bar and things start to leak then. Correction did leak. All sorted now.
    You need a log burner: convection, immersion tank, pipe stat, pump.
    None of this pressureised malarkey.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    That was a good, hard work sesh today. In the Walled Garden bit for the first time, popular with Joe and Jo Public so lots of interaction with nice peeps. Wind was howling along with sunshine but protected in there so minus 1 layer working outside for 1st time this year. Removing mahoosive old dead shrubs, the sudden prolonged cold snap in December did for them. Power tools would have been much quicker but elf 'n' safetee innit so hand jobs. Oo eer missus.

So bar open, hot soak a-comin', catch up on those pro riders' adventures, then hit the sack.