saturday within the institution walls, in pastel blue, clinical white

'ning

mild, hope it's dry

ride cafes scoff laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,897
    Quiet innit.

    Just found a gap in the weather to take the hounds out as they haven't been further than the garden for a couple of days. Then bike cleaning and prep for tomorrow's ride round the shires. Possibly some footy later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    edited March 2023
    Morning nyctalops

    A bit mild and grey and dull.
    Might tune in to the last 5 mins of M-SR later.

    @sungod : this week you have carried Uranium and bashed Plutonium particles on a straight path through land laid bare by Kutuzov making it difficult to conceal oneself whilst in pain from the burden of your load - eased partially with an opiate, only to end up in a nicely decorated mental ward for benign inmates.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,637
    pinno said:

    Morning nyctalops

    A bit mild and grey and dull.
    Might tune in to the last 5 mins of M-SR later.

    @sungod : this week you have carried Uranium and bashed Plutonium particles on a straight path through land laid bare by Kutuzov making it difficult to conceal oneself whilst in pain from the burden of your load - eased partially with an opiate, only to end up in a nicely decorated mental ward for benign inmates.

    i like to spread a little calm to start the day

    sustained light rain, cafe stroll has replaced ride, t-shirt temperature
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Pastel blue, lovely.

    Lazy start. Not intending to do much work, if any, this weekend. Will have to do a bit of mechanicking at some point to replace the LED daytime running light on the car and will definitely need to clean the bike after last weekend’s ride. Other than that, Mother’s Day card shopping, buy the fixings for a full English for the misssus tomorrow and pick up a couple of pressies that Amazon dropped off at the local corner shop. Oh and sending teen GTi out for a haircut, the hippy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    johngti said:

    ...and sending teen GTi out for a haircut, the hippy.

    Can you get a group discount? I have heard from a good source that B³ 's boy is in similar need. Add VN68.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

    johngti said:

    ...and sending teen GTi out for a haircut, the hippy.

    Can you get a group discount? I have heard from a good source that B³ 's boy is in similar need. Add VN68.

    Good plan. Anymore for any more?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Not too sore today after yesterday’s effort. I have managed to lift some weights and do a fingerboard session so far today. Later will be walking the dogs and watching some of Milan San Remo.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,420
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Left side of my face is still blocked up and horrible, right side is fine. This is getting really boring now.
    Need to tinker with the car later, misfired as I joined the motorway yesterday. Need to contact everyone's favourite parts supplier.
    Better get a card for the old dear.
    I had a haircut a couple of months ago, won't need another one for ages.
    Quite mild out, didn't need a jacket.
    Better get on and do something...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,783
    Wot I have learned today: that veehickle service books have indeed gone digital. The Škoda's first service today, no trad stamp the pages service booklet to be found. Has it gone tech? Yes it has, since 2013 apparently.

    As I keep and run my vehicles until they reach their end of days, been a looong time since I have had modern ways.

    The grey and the water is back, ground saturated with standing and oozing water. 'kin L, where is spring?

    MSR prediction, tick. C'mon the Paddies.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited March 2023
    A second >2200m climbing
    day on the trot. Hot today though, even at the top of Teide. Descending was a bit hairy above the treeline, crosswinds, but so much fun as the wind died down.

    I will not be riding tomorrow. Maybe 2 hours easy on Monday.


  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,637
    at least it wasn't this view :)




    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Did the light on the car. Absolute pig of a job - one of those that would have been so much easier with axle stands and the front wheel off. One of these days I’ll buy a pair
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    edited March 2023
    Nice one SG.

    Please keep taking Laudanum, plutonium and bubbly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,582
    johngti said:

    Did the light on the car. Absolute pig of a job - one of those that would have been so much easier with axle stands and the front wheel off. One of these days I’ll buy a pair

    Reminds me, must get another pair of stands. Going to put wheels off TT in for refurb, need car on stands to do it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS