Trainer app for multiple users

Hi there,

Mrs RS get a Zwift smart trainer for Christmas. All very nice and Zwift is fine as it goes. The only snag is that the monthly sub seems to be one user only (unless maybe I pretend to be under 16?). Now, I’m not really that interested in indoor cycling, but would like the option to give it a go if I’m short on time or if the weather is really too grim out there. Not interested enough to pay for another whole Zwift sub, and I don’t want to mess with Mrs RS’s stats.

So, are there any good trainer apps out there that offer a family plan, or several profiles on one account? BKOOL seems to be one that does, and possibly Rouvy (though I can’t find any info out on their site). Anything else, or do I need to get my baseball cap and skateboard out and pretend to be under 16 on Zwift?!

Comments

• Rouvy does family for one sub I think.

Limited free ride routes that change most months, plus limited ERG workouts on Canary Wharf for WahooRGT.

MyWhoosh, if you have a device powerful enough to run it, is completely free.

Zwift gives you 25Km free per calendar month, use "Ven Top" (Ventoux) that starts uphill almost out of the pen, get more turbo time for your distance. Sign up for own account and get 14 day unlimited trial.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    RGT free option is not your solution
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    Was going to say Rouvy family sharing but looks like they've stopped it for new users...
    https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408650434961-Family-Sharing
  • richys
    richys Posts: 28
    Thanks MRB. Explains why I couldn’t see anything about family accounts on Rouvy’s website. I guess they’re all being ‘Netflixed’ with people sharing accounts with others. I’m perfectly happy to have multiple profiles locked to one turbo. Shouldn’t be that hard to do — I’m sure the apps must get some sort of unique identifier from the devices to help with support issues etc.

Looks like BKOOL it is then…
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    edited March 2023
    fulgaz gives free second account.
    Limited training options, and not social, but does have nice (real) rides.
    Mrs MM quite likes it, I only use it if its raining for a few days.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    ^and Windows version is a bit clunky/buggy
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Bkool option doesn't seem bad value for three accounts, especially since they're putting up the prices of individual ones.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592

Why would RGT not work for the OP?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    edited March 2023
    daniel_b said:

Why would RGT not work for the OP?
    Only two available routes, limited other options available, requirement for a very stable internet connection, few users. They will have a sub-optimal experience which may put them off entirely.
    IF the OP decides to take a paid subscription and set up events / workouts etc. to share with his Mrs then that's a possible option, but it's not a shared account AND the "very stable internet connection" rule still applies.

For the casual user RGT isn't the best option.
    For somebody who has the time to do the learning, is determined enough to deal with the frustrations and is willing to pay the subscription (and get all the other WahooRGT/Sufferfest stuff) then it's the best, in my opinion.