Custom out front mount

So my trusted Garmin edge 500 has died, as the battery won't last more than about 40 minutes which isn't that useful, even with my time-crunched rides.

I was about to spend a fortune on an Edge 530 but realised I have a Forerunner 245 watch which probably does everything I used my old Edge 500 for, and links to my old HR strap, so no need to even wear it on my wrist when riding.

I thought a quick / cheap / easy solution would be to mount my Garmin watch on my bike as the screen is plenty big enough to read while riding, it collects all the data I need, plus the screen is nice and bright.

Key issue is that the attachments for Garmin Watches are stricted to Fenix if you want out front, or bar mounted (next to stem) for other models.

In my head I am thinking of something like an existing out front, but instead of the 1/4 turn part, it has a bobbin (cylinder with raised edges) but with one flat edge for the watch face (to stop it rotating), tilted at 15 degrees towards the rider. Would need some sort of small loop to tie the watch on in case of a huge pothole, although that's never been an issue for me in the past.

Any ideas?

Comments