Castelli chamois on RoS Bibtight

Hi Everyone,

Not used my bibtights much but noticed a gap at the top exposing the foam. (photo below)
Looking at my other bib shorts with the same pad, this does not appear to be a "feature".

Has anyone else got these / I'm guessing I'm correct to return them to the shop?

Thanks!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    it's not a problem, some of mine are similar
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Standard.
    I presume to allow for movement or ventilation.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    As above, it’s standard.
  • I have some and it's the same. Same with the Nanoflex bibs. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, foam seems to be coming away from the pad on my RoS tights and so comes out of that gap and gets stuck to the inside of the tights.

Have to be honest, they're not the most durable tights when you consider the price.
  • Great. Thanks everybody!

Stitching on the endurance 3 bibshort attaching the pad is different, with no gap.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the indoor trainer - I'll maybe only get a few more wears out of them this winter, but gonna keep an eye on the attachment of that foam...

Cheers,

Mike
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Mike_Mac said:

Great. Thanks everybody!

Stitching on the endurance 3 bibshort attaching the pad is different, with no gap.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the indoor trainer - I'll maybe only get a few more wears out of them this winter, but gonna keep an eye on the attachment of that foam...

Cheers,

Mike

Endurance has a different pad
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150

Mike_Mac said:

Great. Thanks everybody!

Cheers,

Mike

Isn't the progetto X2 in both? My omloop and my endurance v3 both have the progetto pad.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    drhaggis said:

Mike_Mac said:

Great. Thanks everybody!

Cheers,

Mike

Isn't the progetto X2 in both? My omloop and my endurance v3 both have the progetto pad.
    Didn't used to be the case - endurance used to have the kiss pad.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    The more recent endurance shorts (last couple of years) has the progetto x2 pad, and very nice it is too 😁
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Mike_Mac
    Mike_Mac Posts: 46
    edited February 2023
    drhaggis said:

Mike_Mac said:

Great. Thanks everybody!

Cheers,

Mike

Yup, but the attachment of the pad is different - with the RoS bibs with the "hole feature" at the top that exposes the foam.