Olympics tickets - 2024

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    davidof said:

I lived next to Stamford Bridge for 6 years. I know what football fans in the prem are like. For sure, there were plenty of problems with how they were handled, but football fans need totally different handling than any other sport.

We're not talking about a Saturday derby at Stamford Bridge but specifically at the French interior ministers mishandling of the match at the Stade de France.

As you haven't read the report I'll leave it at that.

When they can be trusted to not be segregated, then I'll consider them just like other fans.
  • davidof said:

I lived next to Stamford Bridge for 6 years. I know what football fans in the prem are like. For sure, there were plenty of problems with how they were handled, but football fans need totally different handling than any other sport.

We're not talking about a Saturday derby at Stamford Bridge but specifically at the French interior ministers mishandling of the match at the Stade de France.

As you haven't read the report I'll leave it at that.

When they can be trusted to not be segregated, then I'll consider them just like other fans.
    If a bunch of fans have acted like lawless tvvats for decades then it would seem likely that the police will treat them accordingly.

I have watched football abroad and have travelled in the knowledge that the local police will treat me like a lawless tvvat.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,972
    Just got my access to buy tickets, and it's offering me €690 per ticket for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday athletics which seems to be anywhere not on the bend. Too rich for me as well. Not much in any of the other sports either (except basketball, football and volleyball).

I've decided I'm not going to Paris to pay €180 to watch weightlifting.