Cycling the eurovelo 2 capitals route in Poland

Hey guys,

I’m planning a European bike ride and I’m thinking of following the eurovelo 2 route.
I’ll start in the Netherlands, go via Germany and continue into Poland with my destination being Warsaw.

To my knowledge, the Dutch and German section of the route is very good.
However I believe the route is only at the planning stage in Poland.

* you’ll find the map by searching for “capitals route” on the official eurovelo site.*

From what I can see on the map, the eurovelo 2 route runs near a town called Kostrzyn nad Odra on the Polish border. I think this is the end on the developed path.

So for the Polish segment of my journey, I’ll have to use various other paths/roads. I’m thinking of going Kostrzyn nad Odra - Warsaw via Poznań and Łódź.

I’ll be travelling on a MTB with panniers in mid March.
I’m not pressed for time but I don’t want to stray too far from my intended route. However, I’m looking for a fairly scenic route as I ride for recreational purposes. I’m moderately fit.

Does anyone know of cycling routes which I could follow for this journey?

Also, do you know what the terrain is like and the conditions of the roads?

And finally If you’ve got any other info which you think may be helpful I’d love to hear! Thank you so much :)

Oscar

Comments

• Are you still looking for answer? Cycling through Poland on EuroVelo 2 is not particularly pleasant - this EV route is still not developed like famous EuroVelo 10. Thinking about an alternative? :)

S.